Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

How to clear the Nios II console?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm implementing a Nios II on a DE0-nano board. My C code is executed by Eclipse and a console is accessible to print things (with the printf instruction). I'd like to clear this console but I don't know how to do it. 

Does someone know? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try a right click to the terminal and select "Clear"

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm implementing a Nios II on a DE0-nano board. My C code is executed by Eclipse and a console is accessible to print things (with the printf instruction). I'd like to clear this console but I don't know how to do it. 

Does someone know? 

Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

if you use the console which is integrated into the IDE then click on the "x" icon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Clicking on the "x" is ok but I want it to be cleaned by the C code. More precisely I want to write a word then to clear the console to write something else at the same place.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't checked lately to confirm this, but last time I looked (years ago) the console in Eclipse wasn't a full terminal emulator. In other words it didn't support operations like clearing the screen. If you want to do that you need a terminal emulator program like PuTTY, TeraTerm etc. These typically implement the ANSI standard terminal command set like the windows command shell does.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't think of a simple way to do that with a Nios II cpu so no matter, I'll do things otherwise. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos