Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

running nios2-gdb-server on embedded linux with gpio-jtag?

seeligal
Beginner

Hello everyone!

I'm searching for a way to use nios2-gdb-server (or something equivalent) on a custom-build embedded linux.

Background: I'm developing on a system, mainly beeing a linux-driven SoM (armv7) with a MAX10-FPGA attached to it. That MAX10 has a NIOS2 core integrated, running some simple firmware. The MAX10's jtag-Pins are tied to GPIOs of the SoM, such that we can use the "jam-stapl player" to update the MAX10's configuration.

It would be great, if it were possible to debug the NIOS's firmware from the running SoM, using some gdbserver attached to the gpio-jtag interface, which is already there. Has anyone done this before or knows a solution for this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hareesh
Employee

Hi seeligal,

I am sharing the "Nios II gdb Server under Linux" document link. Please go through it.

link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Nios-II-gdb-Server-under-Linux/ta-p/735296?wapkw=nios2-gdb-server%20

Thanks,

0 Kudos