Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Adding to the root filesystem of the GSRD

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've got the Cyclone V Soc Development Kit. Now that I got the hang of the GSRD I wanted to add another program to the GSRD root filesystem and just update the root filesystem on the uSD card.  

I've done the following: 

1. yocto/meta-altera directory -- modifed the Makefile -- "make -C jpehello $(CROSS_COMPILE) 

2. yocto/meta-altera/gsrd-altera directory -- added a new directory "jpe" 

3. yocto/meta-altera/grsd-altera/jpe --- added the jpehello.c and Makefile (like the "hello" directory) 

4. yocto directory -- gsrd-altera_1.0.bb -- added  

SRC_URI += "file://jpe/jpehello.c" 

SRC_URI += "file://jpe/Makefile" 

install -m 0755 jpejpehello ${D}/home/root/altera/jpehello 

I thought that was all I should need to do but when I do: 

# ] source ~/yocto/altera-init ~/yocto/build2# ] bitbake altera-gsrd-image 

I GET THE FOLLOWING: BASICALLY IT DOES NOT find the file because it DOES NOT do the Entering directory '/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/..../jpe' 

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I'VE MISSED?? 

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/scroll_client' 

| make -C hello 

| make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/hello' 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/sysroots/socfpga_cyclone5 -g -O0 -Werror -Wall -c hello.c -o hello.o 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/sysroots/socfpga_cyclone5 -g -O0 -Werror -Wall hello.o -o hello -L/opt/altera-linux/linaro/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2012.11-20121123_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/altera-linux/linaro/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2012.11-20121123_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-nm hello > hello.map 

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/hello' 

| make -C jpehello 

| make: *** jpehello: No such file or directory. Stop. 

| make: *** [all] Error 2 

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed 

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12391 for further information) 

ERROR: Task 709 (/home/user1/yocto/meta-altera/recipes-gsrd/gsrd-altera/gsrd-altera_1.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1' 

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1299 tasks of which 1290 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. 

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish: 

Summary: 1 task failed: 

/home/user1/yocto/meta-altera/recipes-gsrd/gsrd-altera/gsrd-altera_1.0.bb, do_compile 

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown. 

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code. 

[user1@localhost build2]$  

Thanks in Advance
0 Kudos
0 Replies