Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Code simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello every body; 

how I can run a code in eclipse as a local c/c++ code, as I haven't a development kit in my class, and i want to run and debug my code offline. 

if there are any other simulation way. please tell me a bout. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can verify your code using NIOS II Modelsim option. If you want to verify your vhdl/verilog code then you can write test bench and verify it using simulator like Modelsim,NC Sim etc.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks MR.zoomkrupesh for your attention, 

I have already tried to run my code project as modelsim, but the operation not completed and paused at the 57% from its progress, I simply want to see the "hello world" of my project on the screen, do you have any solution to me but with some details please. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Would you please provide my your reference design?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use the simple "Hello World" template example, did you mean by the reference design the .sopc info file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was asking about your Qsys or SOPC design. Anyway, I assume that your Qsys or SOPC design contains NIOSII CPU,JTAG UART and ONCHIP Memory(for both program and data memory). 

Have you selected enable_sim_optimize option under BSP Editor Setting? If not select it.(project name_bsp->right click->NIOSII->BSP Editor->select check box). 

Once Modelsim compiles all the files(it will do this automatically),type run -all command in transcript window.After 2-3 Minute it should display "Hello from NIOS II" in Modelsim transcript window. 

I am able to run hello_world program successfully after following the steps mentioned above.
0 Kudos