Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Compile Error / EPCS multiple pin problem in DE2-35

Dolemy
Novice

Hello, I am having trouble using EPCS16. Generating on NIOS II works well

but I get this error when I try to do a full compile in Quartus

"Error (176310): Can't place multiple pins assigned to pin location Pin_E3 (IOC_X0_Y34_N0) Info (176311): Pin ASDO is assigned to pin location Pin_E3 (IOC_X0_Y34_N0) Info (176311): Pin ASDO is assigned to pin location Pin_E3 (IOC_X0_Y34_N0)."

I heard that this problem can be solved by setting Device-dual purpose pin-User as regular I/O, but even after changing the setting, I still get the same problem. I am attaching my error message and Verilog HDL file for reference.

I am using Quartus II 13.0spi / DE2_35 board.

My pin assignments are as follows, and I did it according to the DE2-35 manual. The DE2-35 Pin Assignment did not have pin numbers, but I found them in the circuit diagram, so I referred to that.

PIN_E3 -to ASDO

PIN_D3 -to NCSO

PIN_N6 -to DCLK

PIN_N3 -to DATA0

by the way, I changed the file extensions for some files to upload them. By removing the "txt" at the end, you should be able to use them.

Thank you for reading this.

multiple pins error.png

dual.png

serial_configuration.png

  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

As this case is duplicated with case#05774443, I am closing this case and will support you on case# 05774443.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos