Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

DWT on NIOS

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to implement 2D-DWT on a Nios II processor 

I am able to decide on the Hardware part...... 

But I am not able to decide on how to write the software code for implementing the application.... 

Can anyone help me in this regard.... 

Either in the form of tutorials or sample codes..... 

With Regards 

Sivam
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

2D DWT is a classic example of something that you should implement in hardware (pure hardware, or a co-processor) and not in software. 

Why do you want to do it in software ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for that reply..... 

I think i am confused....... 

I will be happy if you could please guide me in this regard as i am new to NIOS...... 

To tell u the fact i have just tried only on the Altera Embedded Lab tutorial on the NIOS wiki website....... 

Regards,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

1st. Program a 2D DWT processing block in hardware (I already did this and even published it, just google for "Amilcar Lucas flexwafe"). 

2nd. Write a program for Nios to control a DMA engine that pups image data thru the 2D DWT blocks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to implement the DWT on the FPGA,can any one help me how to write the code NIOSii to controle my program. 

I'm new in niosII,so i have any idea how to do it.:confused::confused::confused:
0 Kudos