Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Fpga -qt

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I follow the control panel pdf of ALERA FPGA 

i install qt and when i try to integrate the soc -altera 

at binary file level qmake an error is established 

" the qmake executable /usr/local/qt-5.3.1-altera-soc/bin/qmake could not be added: Cannot start '/usr/local/qt-5.3.1-altera-soc/bin/qmake': No such file or directory 

RQ: I work on ubuntu x64 and not x86
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

After you installed the Qt bundle, did you make sure that the paths to the binary qmake,etc are accessible , ie, open a terminal and try running the qmake command. If you get the same error, then you need to specify the path to the Qt binary.  

Have you installed it in the default directory - /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/?  

It looks like you've installed it in the directory for the altera tools.  

Have a look at this link https://www.digitalsolutionslab.com/qt-designer-installation-and-configuration-for-the-de1-soc-control-panel-part-3-of-4/  

It has instructions for installing the Altera tools and Qt on Linux systems. It maybe different for Ubuntu, but you will still need to perform the QtCreator steps. Once this is done , the control panel will start up .
0 Kudos