Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Microtronix OpenCore Ethernet?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I just purchased the Microtronix OpenCore Ethernet solution. They include example projects, but they are not complete, as in you can't click on the CPU (SOPC builder) and see how they configured it! Anyway, the project loads, and the kernel builds without errors, but when you run uClinux, the Ethernet device does not exist! (I'm including the Igor Ethernet Device drivers) Does anyone have some advice? Or can someone send me a project that works, that I can look at the SOPC builder? 

Thank you very much 

Randy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To see the SOPC Builder configuration for these projects, select "SOPC Builder..." from the "Tools" menu in Quartus II. 

Dennis Scott 

Microtronix Datacom Ltd.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you! I never accesed the SOPC builder that way. That worked great, building the project (in Quartus) right now. I will see if I can get the Igor Mac to work properly then. We will see. 

Randy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Once you rebuild the SOPC Builder part, you should be able to re-access it with the usual double-click on the block. It doesn't work the first time due to our stripping out of most of the project files to keep the distribution as small as possible. 

Dennis Scott 

Microtronix Datacom Ltd.
0 Kudos