Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NIOS II v10.0 SBT windows 7

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

Trying to get started on my Cyclone II development board, have been stuck on this for days. Installed Quartus and NIOS II packages, and I followed the tutorials to use the SOPC builder, all fine. Now trying to program the Nios II processor using the SBT as described in the literature, but when I open the SBT, Eclipse doesn't contain the tools for the NIOS II. No NIOS II tab, no NIOS II project options, just regular eclipse. Have tried reinstalling, looking for help in the literature, just stuck. It's getting very frustrating, any tutorials or examples I can find tell me to do things that aren't in my workspace, is this something to do with v10.0? New to this and just trying to get a simple hello world program to run, getting very frustrated. Help please??? Anything much appreciated
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The tutorials are often out of date compared to the latest Quartus release. 

Was the tutorial written for the Nios II Software Build Tools? You may want to try the older Nios II IDE instead. This should be in the "Legacy Nios II Tools" folder in the start menu. 

If that doesn't help, you may want to try installing the same version of Quartus the tutorial was written for.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank's, I will try.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey im having a problem with the NIOS II SBT, In my case the problem is when generating the project files. After following the tutorials Im getting stuck in this error: 

Failed to execute: ./create-this-app --no-make 

And then Im not able to generate a project from a template. 

Im following the same steps using the NIOS II IDE legacy tools and it works but the problem is that i can only use the SOPC builder and right now i have to deal with a project made in QSYS. 

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, 

Juan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try to run the NIOS II v10.0 tool as administrator.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I need software Nios ii version 11
0 Kudos