Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12620 Discussions

Problem to executte nios2IDE on Ubuntu

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed on my PC Ubuntu to start to work with uClinux. I have installed Quartus suite 9.1 for Ubuntu. Now i am tring to use the example TryOutuClinux of Nios Community. 

What i need to do to use the command nios2 from my Linux's terminal? I am already installed the suite but nios2 is not a valid command from my terminal. Sorry for the stupid question but i am a new Linux'user 

Thanks in advantage
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can run nios2ide on Ubuntu after installing uartus for Linux, but nios2IDE is of no use when developing Linux applications for NIOS. 

Read NIOSWIKI to learn how to get started with Linux for NIOS. 

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes in the suite i have not installed Nios2IDE but NIOS2EDS (sorry but usually use this program in Windows when it is called NIOSIDE), my question is after installation what i need to do before can use the command nios2 from my terminal?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Questions regarding the Altera IDE are better posed in another forum, as this is not related to running Linux on NIOS.  

I do 

/opt/altera9.0/nios2eds/sdk_shell 

after that I can do 

nios2-ide 

-Michael
0 Kudos