Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

Qsys Nios project is ambiguous in Quartus???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Qsys migration guide says I have to add the QIP file generated by Qsys to the Quartus project. When I do this, quartus errors saying the Nios system instance is ambiguous because there is nios_system.v file in both the db folder and the nois_system folder generated by Qsys. This is true but why is there any confusion??? Quartus copied the file to the db folder itself. I started from a completely clean project folder with no db folder nor nois_system folder. Qsys generated the nios_system folder and the associated QIP file and Quartus generated the db folder with the nios_system.v file in it. What is wrong with these tools???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Do you have the .qsys file included in your project files? If so, try removing it from the project files. I had the same problem and that sorted it. 

Mark.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Mark, 

Thank you so much for the help. You were right. I had the qsys file included in the project files. 

Greg
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Greg, 

Glad it worked and thanks for reporting back. It sure had me scratching my head for a long time and I found the solution accidentally. 

Mark.
0 Kudos