Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

Quartus Prime Lite 23.1 RiscFree NIOS V Debugger Issue

Kevin26
Beginner

I upgraded my Quartus Prime Lite version from 22.1 to 23.1 and I am now having a problem with the RiscFree NIOS V debugger configuration not detecting the NIOS V core. I found a knowledge base article indicating such an issue exists but it does not give a work around.  Launching RiscFree from the 22.1 installation now has the same problem.  Is this a driver issue that I can install an older version and get the debugger back working?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Are you using the Ashling RiscFree IDE for Intel® FPGAs 23.1std.0.991 with Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition 23.1

Also, Which FPGA device is used from Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition 23.1

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Kevin26
Beginner

Yes, I'm using the Ashling RiscFree IDE for Intel FPGAs 23.1.std.0.991 with Quartus Prime Lite Edition 23.1.  I'm using the Cyclone 10 LP device that is on the Cyclone 10 LP Eval kit.  The SOF file that is currently running on the eval kit was compiled using Quartus Prime Lite 22.1std2.922. 

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi ,

This is just let you know that this week I am on leaves.

I will be back on 2nd Jan 2024.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Kevin26
Beginner

Just checking in to see if there is any update on my issue.

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

please update on that you are able to program .sof, and run from RiscFree Debugger and also check on the selected correct cable and see if the Nios V is visible before running Debug:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/730783/23-4/setting-debug-configurations-and-downloading-59901.html

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

I believe your inquiry has been answered. With that, I now transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiwari

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos