Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

RC5.vhdl

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a RC5 module from the web site :www.whitebream.com 

I work with cyclone :EP1C3T100C7 , the clk is 50Mhz, I changed the CLK_SYS in the module to 50M, but the RC5 module is not responding to the RC unit.  

What is the problem? 

Is someone work with this module? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Why you don't write this to whitebream and ask for help? 

whitebream wrote for the RC5 VHDL Core on his page: 

"The project that this core was designed for is cancelled before any hardware was available. Therefore this decoder has never been tested on real hardware. When you implement this core please provide feedback on any changes that are needed to get it working or just bugs and comments in general." 

I downloaded this core and I'll view it's code for my own interesting in next days. If I found any hints I'll let you know this. 

Greetings 

Jens
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

The code of that core is quite short so I take a look before going to lunch http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif  

I assume that the instantiation is correct  

If you leave the constant CLKS4BIT unchanged... 

> -- Calculate the number of clock cycled in each RC5 bittime 

> -- (which is 1.778ms) 

> constant CLKS4BIT :integer := SYS_CLK / 562; 

...the sampling rate will be 89kHz at 50.000.000Hz SYS_CLK. The accepted pulse width of incoming RC Bits is nearly 45us (about 22.000 Bits/s). A very high transfer value for a simple IR diode. 

What is the result of the simulation? What is the used source of RC pin? 

Hope, this give you a hint 

Greetings 

Jens
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jens 

Thanks for the help. 

I use remote control that work with RC5 protocol. 

The IR chip works on 38KHz. 

I run a simulation and I got that the reg_full is going high &#39;1&#39; and the state machine is getting to finish state, but the interrupt is NOT going down to &#39;0&#39; 

I am changing the code to fix it. 

Tal 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I found the bug : they forgot to reset the reg_full on reset. (reg_full <= &#39;0&#39;;) 

Now it&#39;s work fine. 

Thanks 

Tal
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Jens 

Thanks for the help. 

I use remote control that work with RC5 protocol. 

The IR chip works on 38KHz. 

I run a simulation and I got that the reg_full is going high '1' and the state machine is getting to finish state, but the interrupt is NOT going down to '0' 

I am changing the code to fix it. 

Tal 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I found the bug : they forgot to reset the reg_full on reset. (reg_full <= '0';) 

Now it's work fine. 

Thanks 

Tal 

--- Quote End ---  

hi Tal_nios, 

could you help me concern your rc5 code ? 

thanks
0 Kudos