Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

Support for NIOSII 13.1 command shell and commands on Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am looking at replacing some Windows PC that run the NIOS II Command Shell and some commands. 

Where can I find that Linux versions are supported ? ... I have UBUNTU but heard the official support is via RED HAT. 

Thanks, Bob.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I actually don't think there is any distribution that is "supported". The installation notes (quartus_install.pdf) don't seem to be specific, although they do give you a hint for what packages you need on RHEL. 

For what it's worth, I had trouble with Ubuntu x64 back in ~12.1 times, and at that time switched to CentOS x64 which has been relatively problem-free for running Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok Thanks Ted, 

I don't need to run Quartus or the NIOS II 13.1 Software tools for Eclipse, but I would liek to run the NIOS II 13.1 Command Shell and its commands like the nios2-terminal and nios2-download to have a terminal and to load .elf's via an 

automation system.
0 Kudos