Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Undefineable NIOS reboot @ RS232 communication

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all! 

I have a problem with my NIOS II application (Cyclon III) which communictes with a host application over RS232, and hope to get some  

advices, maybe solutions, here! :-) 

problem description: 

1. Host application and NIOS UART (application) are adjusted to 9600kB -> communication ok 

2. Both applications are set to 115200kB -> communication ok 

3. NIOS UART stays at 115200kB and host application is adjusted back to 9600kB -> communication not ok, which is correct and expected :-) 

-> When now permanently sending Data over the RS232 from the host application at 9600kB to the Nios Application which is still  

adjusted to 115200kB it happens after some seconds, that the NIOS reboots ...!??? 

Data Reading from UART is done by Interrupt: 

iowr_altera_avalon_uart_control(uart_0_base, altera_avalon_uart_control_rrdy_msk); 

alt_irq_register (uart_0_irq, (void *)0, os_rxisrhandler); 

alt_irq_enable (uart_0_irq);  

Does anybody have an idea where this could come from, or how to prevent!?  

Many thanks in advance, 

marco
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Two questions: Could this be interrupt-related? Are your timing constraints complete and timing analysis error-free?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Two questions: Could this be interrupt-related? Are your timing constraints complete and timing analysis error-free? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi kebsmith, 

constrains and analysis are OK!!! 

Maybe it's related to interrupt, trap, I don't know, that's my problem :-( 

BR 

Marco
0 Kudos