Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

about zipfs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello all, 

I select the template project:Zip Filing system.but when I run this project , the console show:  

Cannot open file. 

who can tell me how to let it run properly. and how the zip file system work? can somebody tell me detailed? 

thank u.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I supsect your problem is that you have not programmed the file into flash. See Chapter 12 of the Nios II Software Developers Handbook, which can be found in the altera\kits\documents directory in the file n2sw_nii5v2.pdf

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

rugbybloke, 

Yes, I finished it. Can you introduce the rozipfs?or give me some more information about it? because, it's difficult to understand the code for me .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ffone13, 

Is the file system working for you? If not then please explain the failure mode.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes,the file system is working well now. it's only for uncompressed file,and read only. but,there aren't any more detailed explanation for this file system. can u? 

thank u!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ffone13, 

The only documentation on the implementation details is the source code. The specification of the ZIP file format which can be found here http://www.pkware.com/company/standards/appnote/ (http://www.pkware.com/company/standards/appnote/

As for the interface functions these are as per the newlib specification see altera/kits/nios2/documents/gnu-tools/newlib/libc.html#SEC189 

Given that the filing system works, I'm intrigued why you need to understand the implementation details, are you changing it?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much. yes, I need to modify the code to suit for rw function.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you're after a rw file system, you may wish to consider some of the existing implementations, such as JFFS2. In fact you'll find that if you choose eCos, which is downloadable from this forum, then JFFS2 is an option which is open to you.

0 Kudos