Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

example nios v

spar
Beginner

Hello, good afternoon, I am trying to get the Helo World example included in the Nios V processor to work. I am unaware of some errors that I get, the one that catches my attention the most is the one on the Arria10 board. I would like to know how I can change the board to make it work. in a cycle 5, or if someone has the project already created on this board, they can provide it to me.
Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can I get your specific board name for this and the specific part number of your Cyclone V?

0 Kudos
spar
Beginner

Good morning, the board we have available is Cyclone V SE5CSEMA5F31C6N. I am doing a project for a subject and in the laboratory we have that model available.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Are you familiar with the Nios II build process previously?

0 Kudos
spar
Beginner

Hello, no, I never compiled on nios II.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

What is your Quartus version that you are using? I will try to create one for you.

0 Kudos
spar
Beginner

Hello, I am using the Quartus prime lite 22.1std2 version.
Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Thanks, I will try to create for that version.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I am still working on the design creation on using the command line for BSP generation, sorry for the delay.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I am finishing up on the BSP generation and the final steps, I shall upload here soon.

0 Kudos
spar
Beginner

Hello! Great, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I've sent the example to your registered email. Can you check?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Any further help needed from your side?

0 Kudos
spar
Beginner

Hello, sorry for the delay! It worked correctly for me. Thank you very much for your services!
If you have any other questions, I'll ask you again!

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos