Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

no screen refresh

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the newest version of uClinux and the altera framebuffer driver. 

I'm having the problem that my screen isn't refreshing all the time. if i want it to refresh i have to push a button on the usb keyboard than a refresh is coming. Is there any know problem like this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please try nxclock. Please also try pulling the updates, clean and rebuild. 

cd uClinux-dist 

make user/microwin_clean 

make 

- Hippo
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the clock out of fluid/fltk is doing a refresh :) 

will try the update after finishing the project i'm working on right now ;) 

thanks for the help
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i got another problem using fltk. 

fltk seems to not redraw the screen correctly. there a lots of pixels that change the colour and don't get back to normal. I tried fixing that by redrawing the regions but that doesn't help. 

at what point is fltk writing to the framebuffer?  

i tested the ram i'm using for the framebuffer and there were no errors so it have to be somewhere in fltk or the framebuffer, but i think its the fltk. 

i wrote a simple programm that adresses the framebuffer ram directly and the colour is changing without problem or staying the same if i want to.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As odd as it may sound, I once saw a similar problem on a project and it only happened when a specific version of the proramming (pof) file was in use. If you were lucky, you could see a few pixels "blinking" on the screen -- a really cool side-effect! 

After recompiling the project in Quartus with all settings targeting "speed" rather than "area", the problem vanished. In this case, it was purely a hardware problem. 

Why do you think this is related to FLTK? When you compile a plain nano-X application, don't you have the same problems? 

Cheers, 

Ricardo.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes just with fltk applications. if i just run the nxclock or the nxterm there is no problem, but if i run a fltk application the pixel problems appear.

0 Kudos