Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12618 Discussions

problem with triple speed ethernet for custom board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm a newbie to uclinux 

trying to connect to a custom board 

I get the following errors when using the tse (experimental) in uclinux 

am I missing any driver 

or are there any changes that i've to do in any files 

In file included from /home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1084: 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/include/../drivers/net/atse.h:30:2:# error "**** This build has not been configured with Alteras example design of TSE-SGDMA." 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/include/../drivers/net/atse.h:31:2:# error "**** You need to do: make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF=<your_path>/NiosII_stratixII_2s60_RoHS_TSE_SGDMA_sopc.ptf" 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/include/../drivers/net/atse.h:32:2:# error "**** Or, You need to unselect ATSE ethernet driver with make menuconfig" 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c: In function `atse_device_init': 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1153: error: `na_tse_mac_control_port' undeclared (first use in this function) 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1153: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1153: error: for each function it appears in.) 

make[3]: *** [arch/nios2/kernel/config.o] Error 1 

make[2]: *** [arch/nios2/kernel] Error 2 

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... 

the following errors are in uclinux when i'm using the tse mac (SLS) 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1169: error: `na_tse_mac_control_port' undeclared here (not in a function) 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1169: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1169: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[0].start') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1170: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1170: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[0].end') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1173: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1173: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[0]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1179: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1179: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[1]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1185: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1185: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[2]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1191: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1191: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[3]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1197: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1197: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[4]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1203: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1203: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[5]') 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1211: error: initializer element is not constant 

/home/dpatloll/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/kernel/config.c:1211: error: (near initialization for `alt_tse_resource[6]') 

make[3]: *** [arch/nios2/kernel/config.o] Error 1 

make[2]: *** [arch/nios2/kernel] Error 2 

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... 

someone please let me know ..what might be the problem 

again I'm a newbie to this whole nios and uclinux thing  

thank you
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what is the name of your tse mac in sopc builder? did you change the platform driver setup in config.c to match that name? 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

what is the name of your tse mac in sopc builder? did you change the platform driver setup in config.c to match that name? 

--dalon 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you for the response 

my tse mac is named ethernet 

do i have to change it (to something like tse_mac) 

what changes do i have to make in the config.c 

please let me know
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if you look at the config.c file, all the (or most of) the peripherals are defined using the swinfo2header command generated .h file# defines from an example design. that means that you either need to modify your sopc system to match the names of the example design's components, or modify the confic.c platform driver instances to reference the correct# defines for your system. 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you 

will try and see if it works :)
0 Kudos