Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

web server demo program using de2_115 kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am working on web server demo program and getting errors while building the project.The errors are shown below 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 290 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_NAME' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 213 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_NAME' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 419 

Please help me solving these errors . 

pramod,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have a look at the network_utilities.c file you will find functions that give the kit's MAC address. By default when you create a web server demo application, the created functions in network_utilities.c expect to find a parallel flash called EXT_FLASH, and read the MAC address from there. It's possible that your kit uses a different flash, or a flash with a different name. 

You should have some example applications that were delivered with your kit. You can copy the network_utilities.c file from those examples, or edit the file yourself so that it doesn't try to read from the flash but return a fixed MAC address instead.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sir,  

Thank you for the reply.I have been searching for the file network_utilities.c and I am unable to find it.If u have any references for that file please guide us through your reply. 

Pramod
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The file network_utilities.c should be in your project with the other source files. It should even be in the file list in the IDE.

0 Kudos