OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful. OpenCL on Intel PAC

MEghb
Beginner

Hi,

I recently installed the Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA. I installed the required packages for OpenCL and I was able to program the device with the hello_world and vector_add example. However, when I am trying to compiler those example for the this card inside OpenCL toolchain using "aoc" command, I get the following error after the estimated area of the kernel is reported. 

aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete.  Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets.  If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required.  Please refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error (23035): Tcl error:
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings
Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

Also, this is the detailed error inside the quartus_sh_compile.log

Error (23035): Tcl error:
    while executing
"qexec "bash build/run.sh $revision_name""
    ("default" arm line 9)
    invoked from within
"switch $tcl_platform(platform) {
  windows {
    post_message -type error "Full compiles to generate hardware for the FPGA are available on supported ..."
    (file "build/entry.tcl" line 20)
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful

I am using the Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed the latest version of "Intel Acceleration Stack Development Package on the Host Machine".

I was wondering if anybody faced the same issue before?

Thanks,
Mostafa

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GRN1
Novice

Hi Mostafa,

pls see here https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyTDRSA2/error-23031-evaluation-of-tcl-script-importcompiletcl-unsuccessful?language=en_US

0 Kudos
MEghb
Beginner

Update:

This is the first part of the error message I didnt see at the first time.

"ERROR: packager check failed with output ''

I found the fix here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2019/error--packager-tool-failed-to-run.html

Mostafa,

0 Kudos