OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel OneAPI Basic Toolkit installation problems

janez-makovsek
New Contributor I

Dear Sir,

When installing the latest version of Basic Toolkit (comprehensive), this causes two problems with Open CL drivers:

1.) For 32bit applications, which rely on Open CL, but have nothing to do with Intel, crash after the installation of the Basic Toolkit. 

Exception happens inside of the

clGetPlatformIDs

and the exception code is:

C06D007E

The 32bit OpenCL driver subsystem appears permanently broken for all platforms. Any idea how to recover?

2.) For 64bit applications, there are three platforms:

a.) Intel(R) OpenCL, returns an error when calling:

clCreateContextFromType

The error reported is "out of memory" for the CPU device.

b.) The FPGA emulation platform, which has one device

c.) The FPGA SDK, which has no devices.

The machine on which the installation was made does not have an Intel GPU, but it does have AMD and NVidia devices.

Temporary workaround to resolve both problems, rename "Khronos" to "whatever" in the following registry entries:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KhronosX\OpenCL
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KhronosX\OpenCL

Then all other OpenCL drivers (AMD and NVidia) continue to work fine.

But  I am still curious, why would 32bit clGetPlatformIDs call fail with internal exception, when Intel drivers are present?

Thanks!
Atmapuri

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Janez, could you share the link of the website from where you had downloaded the Intel® oneAPI Basic Toolkit?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Janez, could you share the log files with us in this scenario? The default location for the log files on Windows would be> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Janez, we have contacted you privately regarding your query. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi Janez,

​From your description, I think you install the Base toolkit, so you install Intel OpenCL CPU runtime. And you don't have Intel GPU, but have AMD and NVidia GPU. My question is which device that your application run on? Is on GPU or CPU?

Thanks​

0 Kudos
janez-makovsek
New Contributor I

>My question is which device that your application run on? Is on GPU or CPU?

Considering that

> 32bit clGetPlatformIDs call fails with internal exception

>64bit returns an error when calling clCreateContextFromType

these errors happen before you select the device with OpenCL, I dont understand your question.

If the code could reach the point where any OpenCL device becomes accessible, then it could also run on any Open CL device.

Kind Regards!

Atmapuri

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. To figure out your issue, could you provide us with the following information?

1 . The content of the following paths

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KhronosX\OpenCL

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KhronosX\OpenCL

2 . The value of OCL_ICD_FILENAMES

We want to check if any older versions of OpenCL CPU RT is installed on your machine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you for a long time so we are assuming that you have found a solution on your own and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks.

0 Kudos