Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14759 Discussions

13900K Intel XTU Unsupported Platform

BaldFraud
Beginner

I feel like I'm crazy but I cant install intel XTU no matter what I've tried from other posts. 

I tried doing fresh install using the latest version (7.14.1.12) but continue to get the "attempted to install on an unsupported platform." error. I'm using a i9 13900k which is listed under the supported processers list. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I want to ask a couple of questions so we can figure out a correct resolution for you. Just to confirm, were you able to use XTU before in your system? You mentioned that you did a fresh install in your system before, are the steps on this article: How to Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) the one that you have followed? If it is, please share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your configuration and investigate this properly for you. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
BaldFraud
Beginner

Just to confirm, were you able to use XTU before in your system? 

- Sort of? On my old system i could run XTU but the CPU in that system (also a i9 13900k) was dying and ended up being warranty claimed. Before getting a replacement CPU through intel warranty support I swapped my motherboard. XTU did not work after that motherboard swap and hasnt worked with the replacement CPU intel sent me recently. 

I tried to follow the instructions in the first link you send but im not sure i 100% did it correctly but I think so... Here's what my CMD looked like after using the command in the article. Also the two folders were deleted. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

Thank you for sharing this information with us. For now, I will proceed in coordinating this with our team and give you an update on this thread as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Rest assured we are working diligently on this case. We just want to confirm, is this screenshot taken during the installation process of the XTU, or was it captured after the completion of the steps outlined the article I have shared? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

How are you doing? I just want to confirm if this screenshot taken during the installation process of the XTU, or was it captured after the completion of the steps outlined the article I have shared? Feel free to let me know so we can continue on working on this for you. I will be waiting.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
BaldFraud
Beginner

The first imagine on the original post is taken while trying to install XTU. I had already gone through the full uninstall process before posting so this screenshot was taken while attempting a fresh install.

The second screenshot (on the 4/10 post) is taken while uninstalling XTU following the guide after the first failed installation. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

Thank you for confirming. We will continue on investigating this for you and update this thread once a solution is available.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking with our team we would like to ask if you can go through a full uninstallation process with a full reboot one more time and test the new download. If you get the same error, please share the installer log file with us. It can be found in temp folder by following this steps: 

1. Open the Run dialog box (Windows logo key + R)
  2. Insert or type %temp%. This will open the Temp file.
  3. Find a file with a name that ends in Intel_XtuInstaller.msi.log

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

I am just checking in. Were you able to follow our previous recommendation? Feel free to share with us the results. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BaldFraud, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response from you in the past days, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need assistance in the future , feel free to create a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos