Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14566 Discussions

APO Opens, Runs then "Failed to Connect"

RickJamesBitch
Beginner

App loads successfully. I can see the games listed and the advanced option, which I enabled. I did not try any games but continued to research, leaving the app going. About 20 minutes later, the open app changed to the "Failed to Connect" and would not connect again. It will not open again until I restart system. If it does start without give the "Failed to Connect" it does like before, runs for a while, then changes to "Failed to Connect" within about 30 minutes or less.

I have Windows 11, latest drivers, latest bios and i7 13700k with 64gb Ram.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, RickJamesBitch.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I can see that you're experiencing an issue with an app that initially loads successfully but then fails to maintain connectivity after a period of time, eventually displaying an error,  "Failed to Connect" message. It could be either a result of an unsupported processor of Intel® Application Optimization (Intel APO) has not been enabled in your system. 

Moreover, you may visit this link, Error: "Failed To Connect" While Opening Intel® Application Optimization, that might help fix the issue.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Von M.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RickJamesBitch
Beginner

i7-13700k

APO is enabled

This has all been confirmed..

1. Ensure you have a supported processor (Intel® Core™ processor 12th gen through 14th gen, or Intel® Core™ Ultra processors (Series 1)). Refer to How to Identify My Intel® Processor and its generation.
  2. Verify your system OS is Windows 11*.
  3. Update the BIOS to the latest version. Visit your system manufacturer's website to find the latest version available.
  4. Enable Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology (Intel® DTT) operation in BIOS. Contact your system manufacturer for assistance.
  5. Update the Intel® DTT driver to the latest version (11405 or newer). Visit your system manufacturer's website to find the latest version available. NOTE: Some system manufacturers may not support Intel® DTT or the latest driver update.

There are multiple posts about this here and on other forums and Intel always attempts to turn the issue onto the user. Did it ever occur to Intel that the APP is the issue, hence the 1 star rating it has in the MS Store? The application is running for extended periods then failing with the error message. If it takes the APP that long to determine that it is not supported, then that is already problem one with the APP. Based off requirements listed, it should be working but it is not, as it is not with many others that have supported systems.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, RickJamesBitch.

I appreciate your update.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available. 

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos