14657 Discussions

Asus Bios Svıd Behavior

pesioska
Beginner

Hello; 

Asus z690-p d4

13600KF

BIOS version beta 3210 - 3205 reverted

I have searched for solutions to the problems on my computer in various ways for years. This problem caused me to have many reasons such as lag in my mouse or keyboard movements in games, instant freezes and packet loss.

However, when I plugged in the additional sound card in my G432 headset without connecting it, the delayed response from the mouse or keyboard stopped, and since I experienced this by changing the port countless times, I started using it without connecting the additional sound card.

While I was researching this issue on the internet, I started to experiment thanks to people who said that lowering the PCIE Link Speed ​​setting provided stability.

It worked, even with an additional sound card installed. And Asus responded to the new beta BIOS, added the Intel setting, and when I turned on this setting, my processor reached 100 degrees as soon as I did a stress test with CPU-Z. With the previous settings, I had to run it for at least 15 minutes for it to reach 80 degrees. 

My computer was free from the previous delayed reactions, but there were temperature increases of up to 20-25 degrees, including games. 

I reverted to the previous BIOS version due to heat issues. I decided to make the settings provided by the Intel setting myself. When I turned XMP on, Asus MCE off, and changed the Fluid Behavior setting to Intel Fall Safe, I encountered the same high temperatures.

Why does PCIE Link Speed ​​create stability problems and why does the Intel Fall Safe setting result in the processor overheating?

0 Kudos
0 Replies