Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 Discussions

Built first PC and it's not displaying

Kae3
Beginner
I built my first PC and it's not displaying the fans spin and the USB in the back io work and everything but the display ports aren't working
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Gee, with the hundreds of motherboards and processors, I suppose we are supposedd to guess what you have.

Be a little more exact on your configuration if you really want help.  Things like memory, processor, video card, motherboard, etc., are all important to know.  Where is your monitor plugged in?  What power supply do you have?  What cooler?

You have a lot to learn about diagnosing your build.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Kae3
Beginner

Videocard hasnt arrived yet
Memory is ddr4 2133mhz
CPU is i7 6700
Motherboard is Asus H110m-r
Monitor is plugged into HDMI and works with my PS5 PSU is aresgames 500w and my cooler is just a regular generic cooler

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just be aware that your processor is no longer supported.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]