Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Cache replacement policy

Jabepi
Beginner
HI, I’m a engineering student and I’m trying to get some information about de replacement policies in cache used on the Intel Core i7-9750H (I’m making a research about cache behavior on programs with a very poor spatial locality using this chipset) . The nearest information that I’ve found is that it is using something like LRU. I would like to know if it is using a private policy so I can’t not get this kind of information and if it’s public I would like to know where I could learn more about it.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jabepi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to check this inquiry further. We will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jabepi

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that Intel® processors are capable of implementing different cache replacement algorithms as required by a given application i.e. the instructions are available for implementation.

You may go through the Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer Manuals specifically Chapter 11 on "Memory Cache Control" to learn more about this.

For queries on software development, we recommend posting additional questions in the Software Development Topics forums.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jabepi

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos