Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Does Intel manufacture older generations of (4th gen) Intel Core processors?

KD000
Beginner

I recently did a little research on several different industrial embedded computers for a project that I am working on. It turns out that a lot of these industrial fan less PCs can be purchased with the Intel 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors (in this case Intel 4th Gen Core i5-4300U Dual Core), which had a launch date in 2013.

Since these are new industrial PCs, does this mean that even though Intel is marketing 8th, 9th, 10th and so on processor, they are still manufacturing and supporting the older generation of processors?

Or does this mean that at some point in time, that specific company (Advantech) bought an over abundance of these processor and now they are continuing to sell these industrial PCs until they run out?

Does this mean that they are selling Intel processor that are past the life cycle and a different hardware industrial PC should be selected?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to ark.intel.com, these processors are in Launched​ status, which means still being produced.

...S

0 Kudos
KD000
Beginner
0 Kudos
DDRUG
Beginner

Help to understand I can't find the answer whether my processor supports Virtualization technology ? Gold G5400 Processor ...

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DDRUG,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

Please create your own thread regarding your inquiry so we can assist you with this.

Regards, 

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos