Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14567 Discussions

E6500 half speed on DP965LT. Possible Incompatibly?

idata
Employee

First off, hello Intel community! : )

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

Intel Pentium E6500

DDR2 2GB F2-6400CL5-2GBNT

Intel Corporation DP965LT (J1PR) MoBo

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Antex Neo Eco 620c

Latest Intel Bios 3/2009

-WIndows XP set on High Performance power setting. No hibernation.

-Mobo does not support Intel SpeedStep Technology and is not listed in BIOS.

The bios recognizes the processor as a 2.9ghz

Within the BIOS the current processor speed reads around 1600mhz.

When using Prime95 the core 0 temp stays around 42 and the core 1 goes from 34-42's.

Using Intel's Compatability tool the E6500 is not even listed for the DP965LT mobo and visa versa.

I just want to make sure that this is definetly a compatability issue before I buy a new CPU or MoBo.

I also ran Intel's Processor Identification tool and got 1.59GHz reported for both cores and 2.93 Expected.

1064MHz System Bus reported for both cores with a 1066MHz expected.

I'm asking for someone to look over my current information and comfirm. If you need any more information let me know. : )

Thank You! : )

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Since this processor is not listed as supported by that motherboard, it means that the processor was not designed to work on that motherboard, the processor is running out of specifications. I would recommend installing a fully supported processor on that motherboard, or buying a motherboard that does support that motherboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Adolfo, these were my thoughts exactly just needed someone else to agree with me.

: )

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok he actually wrote that message for me. I bought a new processor which under the system tool for compatibility listed the e6700.

and I'm haveing the same problem where the cpu is running at half speed. I just installed it and I dunno if im supposed to change anything in the bios for

this processor to run at full potencial. I did make a booboo trying it myself fooling around in the bios and such and messed up, so I had to clear my cmo's just to get the computer up and running again

0 Kudos