Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14567 Discussions

I5-12600KF Stuck at 4.5Ghz

UnVeluX
Novice

Hello, i have an I5-12600Kf, DDR5-6400 and a MSI B760 Gaming plus.

And after doings some bench i found out that my I5 wasn't hitting the 4.9Ghz,  and stay at 4.5Ghz. I goes in the BIOS to lock the P and E core ratio. The P at 49 and the E at 36. I also lock the core voltage at 1.2. And during my Bench my voltage does down to 1.6 and lock, same for my Core ratio. So how what do i do to fix this ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello UnVeluX, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. May I please know what software you have used for the benchmarking? Were you able to stress test your CPU using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Tool? The reason we asked is because we want to check if there will be a difference in the results of the benchmark, as we do recommend using the Intel XTU to test your system. You may also run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and post a screenshot so we can better diagnose your processor. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

UnVeluX
Novice

Sorry, for the time i didn't received the notification, of course. Im using a B760 Gaming plus wifi from MSI, 32Go of viper venom DDR5 at 6400, Sapphire plus RX 7900XT. For the watercooling i have a deepcool LE520 and for the NVMe a WD SN850X. Actually on a clean install of Windows 11. All driver are up to date (MB too). Fell free to ask me to re-install driver if u think so. I do my bench on Useridag, Cinebench and 3D mark, with Hwinfo for monitoring

0 Kudos
UnVeluX
Novice

i try Intel XTU and it say that the "Intel speed optimizer 2.0 failed" and don't want to get me more than 45X ratio on p core.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello UnVeluX, 

Thank you for responding to my post. About the XTU, I just want to ask, have you tried reinstalling the XTU after encountering the error message? By the way, how did the diagnostic tool go? I also noticed you have not shared the logs yet, would you prefer if we continue our conversation by email? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
UnVeluX
Novice

I actually tried to reinstall the XTU, it's like if the mobo was locking the frequency. I try with my team to find out, and we actually found out that was the bios that was locking the frequency maximum. So we try to mu the first driver, and it fixes the frequency but not the stress test, and keep crashing, even in lite load. So weird. How can I share the log? Where I can find it?

0 Kudos
UnVeluX
Novice

And yes by mail will be great please. just please post here went you send mail, (in case that goes into the wrong folder)

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello UnVeluX, 

I have sent you an email to accommodate your preference. Kindly please check your email for further details. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos