Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14818 Discussions

I713700k getting error Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION on all browsers

Ronove
Beginner

Hello, I get the error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION on all browsers and the blue screen error code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and crash all apps such as discord, epic, steam and even other games, like me Looking into it, perhaps this is a CPU problem
I went to check everything:
- Ram (no error)
- Drive (no error)
- Bios is updated to the latest

MOTHERBOARD
ASRock Z690 Pro RS
BIOS Version: 18.03

PROCESSOR
13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-13700K

GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
February 23 (10.0.22631)

Please guide me on how to handle it and do I need a warranty?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Ronove.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, which can be related to memory access violations or conflicts with system resources, is discussed further in this Microsoft Tech Community article. I'm curious, do you currently have any browser extensions enabled? Extensions could potentially block internet access for your browsers. Kindly refer to this Microsoft Tech Community. Regarding the error message you mentioned, when did you first encounter it? Were there any hardware changes or driver/OS updates prior to experiencing the issue? Additionally, have you attempted to update all your browsers to the latest versions? This could help pinpoint any browser version incompatibilities.

Regarding the blue screen error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, it's worth noting that Microsoft Windows* may encounter this issue when the installation media lacks an integrated service pack. I came across a relevant article during my search: "Driver IRQL Not less or equal (iaStoreE.sys) BSOD".

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ronove
Beginner

Hi Von M.,

Thank you for your continued assistance.

The issue started around three months ago. All browsers are updated to their latest versions, and I have tested them thoroughly. The problem occurs across all browsers, not just Edge, and none of the other browsers have any extensions installed. There have been no changes or updates to the hardware during this period.

Additionally, I have noticed that when I open a project in After Effects and the CPU and memory usage exceed 80%, the application crashes. This crash also affects the browsers and other applications. This situation did not occur previously with similar workloads. Furthermore, when I open After Effects, not only does the app crash, but I also encounter blue screen errors with stop codes such as PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

When checking the Event Viewer, the following common errors are noted during crashes:

----------
Faulting application name: msedge.exe, version: 124.0.2478.105, time stamp: 0x6642ec80
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3527, time stamp: 0x92b2df34
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000008ebdf
Faulting process id: 0x0x4E74
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAA768E789A211
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 22e29059-57f4-4a2f-a7c5-f16180533dcb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

----------
Faulting application name: msedge.exe, version: 124.0.2478.105, time stamp: 0x6642ec80
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3527, time stamp: 0x92b2df34
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000213e2
Faulting process id: 0x0x3528
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAA765ADE85918
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b4458c23-a154-487b-b1eb-da7418d823b9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Most errors show Exception code: 0xc0000005.

Additionally, I used the Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility to test AVX2, and it ran normally. However, when I switch to the CPU Stress Test or Memory Stress Test, the browsers immediately crash with the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.

Looking forward to your further assistance.

Best regards,

Nhat Linh Nguyen

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Ronove.

Thank you for providing additional details. The crashes occurring across all browsers and applications, particularly when CPU and memory usage exceed 80% in After Effects, are indicative of underlying issues. The blue screen errors with stop codes like PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION further highlight the severity of the situation. Your observation that the Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility runs normally with AVX2 but causes immediate crashes with the CPU Stress Test or Memory Stress Test suggests potential hardware or compatibility issues.

Given the complexity of the situation, we will need to do further research, further investigate (hardware components, system settings, and potential conflicts with software or drivers) this matter, and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Ronove
Beginner
Dear Von M.,

Thank you for your response.

Based on my research and findings, I discovered that disabling Turbo Boost in the BIOS allows my system to operate normally. When Turbo Boost is enabled, the errors mentioned previously occur. Therefore, I am currently using my system without Turbo Boost enabled.

Please let me know if there are any further steps I can take or if there are any updates on the issue.

Best regards,
Nhat Linh Nguyen
0 Kudos
hasan_gencer
Beginner

precious ronove
The method you did is not a solution, is it? You have reduced the power of your processor. You just told your processor to run slower. I'm getting the same error too. And I researched a lot. I looked at the European forums. a processor failure. and intell knows this situation. This is a situation that occurs in 13th generation processors.There is nothing left that I haven't done. I formatted it 3 times. I have used all browsers. I experienced crashes in all of them. I changed other hardware. and it was fixed only when I changed my processor. Send your product to warranty and they will give you a new processor. I don't think you should look for another solution.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Ronove.
I appreciate you for your update and for sharing your findings with us.
It's great to hear that you've been able to identify a solution to the issue by disabling Turbo Boost in the BIOS. It sounds like you've conducted thorough research to troubleshoot the problem.

Intel® continues to investigate the root cause of this issue with our partners the recent user reports of instability in certain workloads on these processors. In the interim, the following BIOS settings are recommended to help maximize stability for currently installed processors while Intel continues investigating the root cause:

Table 1. RPL/RPL-R K SKU Recommended Settings

Parameter / Feature

Value

CEP (Current Excursion Protection)

Enable

eTVB (Enhanced Thermal Velocity Boost)

Enable

TVB (Thermal Velocity Boost)

Enable

TVB Voltage Optimizations

Enable

ICCMAX Unlimited Bit

Disable

TjMAX Offset

C-states

Enable

ICCMAX

Varies, Never >400A*

ICCMAX_App

Varies*

Power Limits (PL's)

Varies*

For more information, you may visit this link, 13th and 14th Generation K SKU Processor Instability Issue – Contact Center Q&A and Troubleshooting Guide.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Ronove.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos