Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14655 Discussions

I9 13900K constantly crashing

sati
Beginner

Unsure if this is even a CPU issue.

I constantly crash when running games like EA Sports FC 24. My discord also crashes constantly (genuinely every 10-15mins at the maximum). Google is constantly giving STATUS_BREAKPOINT or STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I ran a stress test using Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility for 5 minutes and this was the result: 

sati_1-1711419083244.png

I don't really understand why this happened all of a sudden but it's been going on for at least 2-3 months.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, sati.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

The errors STATUS_BREAKPOINT  and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION  typically point to problems within your software setup, like damaged system files or driver conflicts, rather than a CPU hardware defect. For more information on these issues, you can refer to resources on STATUS_BREAKPOINT and Status Access Violation problems.

On the other hand, your CPU throttling under stress test conditions could indicate issues with the power supply or cooling. To avoid repeating steps you've already taken, could you share the troubleshooting actions you've attempted? Additionally, have there been any recent system changes prior to these issues arising? It would also be helpful to know the specific make and model of your motherboard to assess any potential hardware compatibility concerns. 

I would like to share with you these troubleshooting articles/links that might help fix the issue:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, sati.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, sati.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos