Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

Intel 12700h high temprature issue

xhuan
Beginner

Hi,

when turn some program the temprature of core #2 and #3 go up to 99 degree, the laptop freeze and reboot randomly, twice for a week.

shall I warry about the hight temprature?  It seems maximum is 100 degreee

and why two of these cores reach this kind of temprature?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xhuan  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening to your processor, I will gladly assist you to figure out a solution here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. When did the issue start to happen? Was it working before?.  
  2. Does this issue happen while running all programs/apps or only with heavy ones? 
  3. Where or how are you seeing the temperatures of the cores? Are you using any third-party tool? 
  4. Did you check if the laptop has proper airflow? 
  5. Please, update your BIOS to the latest version. Contact your Laptop Manufacturer if necessary for this process. 
  6. Load the BIOS defaults in your motherboard. 
  7. If the previous steps didn't work, test and run these utilities and attach the reports and screenshots, check on the notes: 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 

Note: As soon as you run it, it will start testing, please attach the complete Screenshot or click on "File", select the "View Results File" option, save and attach the report. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
xhuan
Beginner

Thanks,

I try to dignostics the freeze and reboot problem, but it also occus when laptop is not running any program.

Anyway two of the cores have more workload than others is strange.

1. When did the issue start to happen? Was it working before? The freeze and reboot issue happens at the very beginning.
  2. Does this issue happen while running all programs/apps or only with heavy ones?  Only heavy ones.
  3. Where or how are you seeing the temperatures of the cores? Are you using any third-party tool? Core Temp.
  4. Did you check if the laptop has proper airflow?  seems good

files attached

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xhuan  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Just to confirm, Did you perform the steps provided before? If not, please perform all the steps as these are important to try to solve this issue. 

steps.JPG

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
xhuan
Beginner

Yes, these steps were performed and no help.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xhuan  

Thank you for the information provided. 

In this case, I will proceed to investigate this issue a little more, as soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xhuan  

Thank you for your time. 

The maximum temperature for the processor is 100, for cores management it will depend on the workload of the system. Since this is a Laptop and passed the tests, I recommend you follow the steps below: 

1. Check the issue is not related to a bad/defective power supply. 
  2. Make sure all drivers and OS are up to date. 
  3. Reinstall the OS as the last step. Contact Microsoft Team for guidance if necessary. 
  4. You can check more tips in this article.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
xhuan
Beginner

Thanks for the advice, it looks like the temperature is not an issue for laptop.

there are many uses report Windows 10 has random crashing issue, but Microsoft didn't manage to fix it.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello xhuan,

We appreciate the information shared.

As we stated in our previous post, your processor supports up to 100°C. Any temperature below or equal to it is considered normal and expected.

Also, in case the freezing and reboot issues are still present. We recommend you contact Lenovo Support for further support. They may be able to perform a hardware inspection to discard any hardware failure, and if there is a hardware issue, they may offer you RMA options.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos