Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14661 Discussions

Intel Drivers

Cosmonew
Beginner

Norton Are trying to sell me a driver update service which tells me that several intel drivers are out of date. I ran the Intel system scanner which says no supported updates are available. I sense something is amiss. Whom do I believe.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are always going to be drivers from intel that you don't have and which are not (yet) offered by IDSA. Why? Because Intel has a policy that nothing is specifically offered for a product that has not been tested with that product. Sadly, the team producing the NUCs is pretty small and their rate of testing is limited, so newer stuff can exist but not be offered.

My personal stance is that, if I find a driver release from Intel, I am going to install it and find out what happens. That way, I can help solve issues other folks are having. Same goes for Windows Update; I have NUCs from most generations powered on all the time and primed to immediately install any updates that appear from Microsoft. Only the occasional optional package has to have the install started manually - but most of these I already have installed because I watch the Intel Download Center for updates. I would add that sometimes the bleeding edge does do some cutting. I am knowledgeable enough to fight my way out of it (benefit of 21 years with Intel, mostly in the Desktop Boards and NUC orgs).

...S

0 Kudos