Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14657 Discussions

Intel core i9 14900k failing on floating point test

v01ndub
Beginner

Hi, 

I recently bought a intel core i9-14900k and i noticed that my pc crashes when the cpu goes in stress. I installed the intel diagnostic tool to find what exactly makes it crash, and the the test causes the pc to reboot during the floating point test. 

I have 32 gb of ddr5 ram and a rtx 4070. Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @v01ndub  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are having issues with Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT) tests, I will do my best to assist you here. 

1. How frequently does the system crash during CPU stress tests? 
  2. Have there been recent hardware/software changes to the system that might have triggered the issue? 
  3. What were the specific settings used during the Intel Diagnostic Tool's floating-point test? 
  4. Have other CPU stress tests been tried, and do they result in crashes? 
  5. Can you provide details about the power supply unit, including wattage and age? 
  6. Were there any error messages or blue screen codes during the crashes? If so, please provide details. 
  7. Please provide the following reports, the Event viewer logs and IPDT logs so we can have more information about your system status and information about the crashes: 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 

Note: Please attach the logs after the failing test, follow this sequence: Open the app> let the app make the tests> After pass/fail the tests click on "File"> view full historical results> attach Results file. 

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) 

Note: Click on "Stress Test" tab and "Start Testing" and then, attach a complete screenshot. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @v01ndub    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @v01ndub      

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos