Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14639 Discussions

Intel i7 10700f PCI Express 4.0

cramartins
Beginner

My computer is equipped with a Biostar H510MH 2.0 motherboard and an Intel i7 10700F processor. I've installed an RX 5700 graphics card that supports PCI Express 4.0, but the machine is currently only running at 8x, which means it's effectively using PCI Express 3.0.

Is the processor the limiting factor here?

(On Intel's website, it states that the processor does support PCI Express 4.0. I've already updated the motherboard BIOS, updated the drivers, and I'm using Windows 11 as the operating system.)

PCIe 4.0.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @cramartins  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

The processor, indeed, supports PCI express Revision 3.0, so the processor will work at 3.0, as you can see in the processor specifications

On the other hand, this processor supports the following PCI configurations:: Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4. 

What PCIe lane are you using for the Graphics card? Do you have another component installed in PCIe 8x? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @cramartins  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @cramartins  

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos