Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Is the N100 Direct3D Compatible (Affinity Designer 2 Software)

Mclickster
Beginner

I use Affinity Designer 2 Software for graphic design.  I am looking at purchasing a mini pc and the unit I am looking at comes with an N100 processer with Windows 11 Pro.

The software requirements are listed below.  From what I can see, the N100 is DirectX 12 compatible.  Forgive my ignorance but is DirectX 12 automatically Direct3D 12.0 capable?

Affinity Designer 2 Requirements:

Windows-based PC (64-bit) with mouse or equivalent input device

Hardware GPU acceleration

DirectX 10-compatible graphics cards and above

8GB RAM recommended

1GB of available hard drive space; more during installation

1280x768 display size or larger

Requires: Direct3D level 12.0-capable card

The software works on my outdated PC but will crash once in a while when too much is happening graphically.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Mclickster

I have read your concern and I want to let you know that we have a dedicated forum for this type of issue, where you can get faster answers. I am moving this to the Embedded Forum for you.

Ramyer M.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RamyerM_Intel:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to consider that the Intel® Processor N100 is a non-embedded processor, as you may confirm on the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/231803/intel-processor-n100-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

By the way, the channel support that you mentioned is related to Intel Embedded platforms.
Due to these, any consultations of the Intel® Processor N100 are out of the scope of support of the channel listed in your previous message.

Please consider this information to transfer this consultation to the proper channel of support.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos