Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

Missing VF curve tab

kmarc
Novice

I have a new system with 13700k and ASROCK Z690 phantom gaming 4/D5. When I install the latest Intel XTU, the VF curve is missing. Tried to uninstall and reinstall multiple times but still no VF curve tab.

Also googled and found this : https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/XTU-Did-VF-Curve-feature-get-removed/td-p/1443413

Followed the instructions but same results.

I attached a screenshot and SSU scan below.

Please help. Thx.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kmarc,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Intel XTU tool.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kmarc
Novice

Dear Jean,

Thank you very much. Hope this matter can be resolved.

Just for information, I want to use the VF curve to undervolt my 13700k which is on aircooler (aircooler TDP 220w). It is an excellent CPU but heat is an issue especially heat spikes. And I think voltages fed to the CPU is way to high for my liking. Probably my motherboard problem. I have managed to undervolt 100mV using vcore offset which brought down gaming voltages to about 1.3v at load. It was up to 1.4 - 1.45v previously. However, I think the boosted voltages can still be lowered hence the need for VF curve tweaking.

While awaiting for updates, can I confirm that for raptor lake, PL1 = PL2 = 253 watts? My system sets PL1 to 125w and PL2 to 253 watts. Googling revealed a lot of confusion with many saying PL1 = 125w (because TDP is 125w) but as far as I understand, the 125w is for base clock speeds. In this case, my 13700k base clock speed is 3.4 Ghz and the 125w is meant for 3.4 Ghz speed.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kmarc,

We appreciate your response.

Based on the information you requested, it is important to mention that the PL1 is the same as the Processor Base Power, which indicates that your processor, the Recommended Value is PL1=125W, and for the Power Limit 2 (PL2) is 253W. The information can be collected on the Processor's Datasheets.

Also, we are still checking on the issue you are experiencing, so allow us to keep researching this matter in order to provide you with an answer.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kmarc,

After reviewing this matter internally, we have confirmed that the  VF curve has been removed for the 13th Gen since version 7.8.0. Another factor is Undervolt Protection (UVP). When it is enabled/on (for any system), the VF Curve will not be shown. This applies to any platforms where UVP is enabled.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
kmarc
Novice

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the update. That is indeed bad news for reasons unrelated to overclocking.

If I may, I would like to feedback to Intel and motherboard vendors with regards to raptor lake CPUs and the motherboard that support them. This is based on my experience of having a 13700k for my new rig.

Please don't feed so much voltage to the processor by default! My 13700k temperature goes crazy at default and undervolting it -100mV brought the temps to more manageable levels. It is too bad I can't edit the VF curve so that I can prevent too low a voltage for idle while reducing more voltages for load. Also because my motherboard is entry-level I guess.

Anyway, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kmarc,

Thanks for your feedback. I have shared the information given. We will pass the information on to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello kmarc,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos