Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14722 Discussions

My new intel i7-14700k overheating?

PalashBangladesh
Beginner
This is sazzad from Bangladesh, I am suffering Overheating issue with my new i7 147000k cpu.
My configuration is bellow : 

1. ASUS TUF GAMING B760-PLUS, motherboard.
2. Intel® Core™ i7-14700K New Gaming Desktop Processor 20 cores (8 P-cores + 12 E-cores with Integrated Graphics Unlocked
3. G.SKILL Ripjaws 55 Series (Intel XMP 3.0) DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 5600MT/s CL28-34-34-89 1.35V Desktop Computer Memory UDIMM - Matte Black (F5-5600J2834F32GX2-RS5K)
3. 750 watt deepcool pcu 
4. GAMMAXX SERIES AG620 BK Argb, Dual-Tower CPU Cooler and also testing with Arctic Liquid Freezer II ARGB 420 AIO Black Liquid CPU Cooler #ACFRE00109A

5. Thermaltake best quality casing 

After installation above those components my CPU Overheating. I tried everything what should I do from my country's best pc hardware experts. But they advice me problem is in the Processor 
Intel i7-14700k. I bought the processor from outside from My country Bangladesh. 

Now I am requesting your kind advise what should I do now ? 

Here I attached few pictures of my PC. 

Thank you very much for reading my email patiently. 

Sazzad 
Dhaka, Bangladesh. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello PalashBangladesh, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Given that you have already reached out to your local technician as well and they have concluded the the CPU is faulty, may I please know the troubleshooting steps they have taken? This will allow us to confirm if the CPU is indeed faulty. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
vmovups
New Contributor I

It's "normal" with Raptor Lake CPUs.

In the third image you provide the CPU is using 150W of power, it's normal for the CPU to reach these temperatures even with fans at 100% considering the power draw.(The IHS does not help either)

There are very few coolers that can maintain a Raptor Lake CPU at 100% all core load without throttling because it uses over 200W.

0 Kudos