Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities

No sound

ArslanMehar
Beginner

Hello!
There is no sound from my laptop speakers and earphones after updates while using windows 11.

Some drivers updates and BIOS update appears and I installed updates and there is no sound since I update and a missing driver named as "detection verification" appeared. I tried by installing drivers and reset system and windows etc. but did not worked to enable sound.
I'm using hp pavillion laptop:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

I've attached SSU report.

Please provide solution , I'll be very thankful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check the speaker icon in the task tray and select the appropriate output. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ArslanMehar
Beginner

@AlHill everything is ok in task tray and I'm using windows 10 now.

still there is no audio from machine even it shows sound output.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In older laptops like this, speakers and headphones were supported using a separate (in your case Reaktek) sound device. If you cannot select the Realtek Digital Output and hear sound from the speakers, I would suggest that you uninstall, reboot and then reinstall the latest available Reaktek package. You can find the available packages here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cs0000-laptop-pc/20284004/model/21925595?sku=4AG15UAR.

I noticed that you talked about Windows 11, but your SSU report is for Windows 10 Home. I also noticed that HP is not providing drivers  for your laptop for Windows 11. You can try using the drivers from Windows 10, but you can also seek oout drivers from the Realktek site if necessary.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos