Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

Overlocking question

Zzz6
Beginner

I can't use overlocking at Manual Tuning of Intel ETU. How can I enable it?

My processor: 13TH GEN INTEL CORE I7-13700HX MOBILE PROCESSOR

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zzz6.

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

Overclocking on the 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700HX Mobile Processor can be a bit complex due to various factors, including the specific laptop's BIOS settings and power limits. Could you please provide the specific make and model of your motherboard? The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) for desktop processors is compatible with motherboards that enable comprehensive overclocking capabilities, including IA, BCLK, and Memory, typically found in "Z" series chipsets (e.g., Z790, Z690, Z590). In contrast, "B" series motherboards (like B760, B690) are restricted to memory overclocking only, which might result in certain limitations or errors when using Intel® XTU. For more details, you can check the product features and requirements for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zzz6
Beginner

Hi, Von M. 

Thank you for answering my question. I'm not sure if I found the information you need (in the attached screenshot). I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Have a great day!

Screenshot 2024-04-03 192654.png

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zzz6.

I appreciate your response. 

However, it seems the attached screenshot may not contain the specific details I was looking for. No need to apologize, I understand. 

If possible, could you please provide the information I requested in a different format or clarify any details that may help? The Intel SSU tool can gather such details about your system configuration that may help me with the overclocking question. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Zzz6
Beginner

The attachment is a file I scanned and saved after downloading the Intel SSU tool. I hope it will be useful. Thank you!

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zzz6.

I appreciate you for submitting the Intel SSU logs. At this rate, we will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zzz6.

Apologize for the long wait.

Upon reviewing the logs, we noticed that the Intel i7-13700HX processor is compatible with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU). However, there is a possibility that the overclocking options may be unavailable or grayed out, potentially due to restrictions set by Lenovo.

In line with that, I would like to share with you the following article(which contains detailed troubleshooting) that might help fix the issue:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos