Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14735 Discussions

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO + Intel Core i9-14900K - random crashes

chaos8374
New User

Hello everyone, I have the following configuration here.

Mainboard: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO
CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K
RAM: Corsair DDR5 64GB (2x32GB) - CMH64GX5M2B5600C40
BIOS: Version 1202
BIOS Setting: Intel Baseline Profile

Memory Modules: are inserted into slots A2 & B2

[Extreme Tewaker] / [Ai Tweaker] -> [Ai Overclock Tuner] is set to Auto. There is a choice of Auto, Manual (default frequency 100.0000), XMP 1 or XMP 2. With all four settings, various errors occur.

With the “Auto” setting, I have now tried to install Windows again using a USB stick. Once the PC froze at 75% and once I got “STOP CODE: IRGL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” and the other time “STOP CODE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY”.

Does anyone have any tips on what else could be the problem? Could the CPU be defective?

best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Read this:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/The-fault-is-not-in-your-processor-but-in-your-motherboard/m-p/1591870#M71615

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Rallo
Beginner

Hey, did you figure out a solution. I'm going MAD trying to figure this out! Did all the same.. still browser crashes. Thank you.

Intel Core 9

ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO

2 Corsair Dominator DDRS 31000MHz-RAM

NvidiaGeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER- Graphics Card

ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701 Full Tower Case

CORSAIR H150i Elite LCD XT - CPU Cooler

1200 Watt Power Supply

0 Kudos
Rallo
Beginner

Turn off AI Overclocking in BIOS!!!!! ughhhh! 

0 Kudos
Armani650
Beginner

I have the exact same MB Cpu running intel baseline etc...

Had the same error installing windows..

Have you checked your memory on the Asus QVL ? 

Mine ended up being a driver install error , 

I had to install windows with my gpu out using the on board graphics to bypass the nvidia 

driving install, I also disabled all onboard devices , wifi , bluetooth, thunderbolt , on board audio etc.. in the bios so that

no drivers would try to load for these devices , after windows installed, i installed the gpu and drivers, then I turned on the onboard devices one by one and let the drivers install , mine ended up being a corrupt audio chip driver that after activating in the bios was not working in the device manager until i finally found the asus chipset driver and upgraded to that and its been fine since...

0 Kudos
Rallo
Beginner

This was driving me nuts....however, my issue was resolved after making sure the obvious was taken care of... BIOS updated etc... What fixed it was turning off AI Overclocking in BIOS. Good Luck! 

0 Kudos