Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14567 Discussions

Regarding Reports of 13th/14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Users Experiencing Stability Issues

Thomas_Hannaford
Employee

Intel is aware of reports regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors experiencing issues with certain workloads. We’re engaged with our partners and are conducting analysis of the reported issues.

If you are experiencing these issues, please reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance in the interim.

116 Replies
ThunderCat
Beginner

i tried to reinstall last driver and choose Custom/Clean Installation, that worked for me, that improved the stability a lot.

0 Kudos
RickardLJ
Beginner

Got same problem but on old system.

Intel 2600k

GTX1070

But in games settings changed to DX11 fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
RatanServegar
Novice

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I have had these issues and also reached out to intel. I am using a Asus strix-E motherboard on latest bios and all stock settgings with XMP enabled and Disabled all core enachments (enforce limits). when i built my sytstem everything was stable for 6 months and then things started crashing randomly... especailly in games like CS2 and visual studio when building large projects. got in touch with intel support (which was a nightmare) cause they kept asking me to run muiltiple tests over and over again and your own intel processoring diagnostics runs were passing but the CPU was not stable. after month and half of back and forth, the support team asked me to send in the CPU for additional testing at intel labs, and finally they accepted that the CPU is faulty and sent me a replacement.. it doesnt end here. 5 months later the replacement CPU also starts having the exact same issuess and I have sent it to intel and its been over 1.5 months i am setting here without a CPU and a full tower sitting idle on my table waiting for intel to figure it out.....

Dys
Beginner

Win 11

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz

Ram 32.0 GB

ASUS Z790 TUF motherboard

ASUS 4070 TI TUF

all up to date drivers - chipset, bios, and video. 

Out of video memory and crashes

Mechabellum

Outpost Infinity Siege

Lethal Company

Palworld

Dungeon Stalkers

Eve

Albion

Remnant 2

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Eventviewer gives me a unityplayer.dll error

Some games I can run on lowest settings without issue.

I'm not sure why a game like starfield on max settings would run fine, then a game like Lethal company would crash all the time unless its ran on the lowest settings.

Thank You

0 Kudos
M12MUB
Beginner

Just thought I would share how I resolved the issue by making some simple BIOS setting changes:

• Disabled IA CEP (appears to be Intel's satan child)
  • Set PL1 & PL2 to CPU values as stipulated by Intel specs (rather than leave them open to what ever the mobo decides)

Looks like the mobo manufacturers are pumping waaaaaay too much voltage and the wild & sudden fluctuations in current were the culprit.

I also found that my CPU temp has dropped by ~10C during gameplay and benchmark figures in Cinebench have improved by a margin 3-5%.

0 Kudos
McPato
Beginner

I am having what seems to line up with issues related to my 13900k. The issue started about 1.5 to 2 months ago and has resulted in MANY crashes from the game right to desktop, It does not appear to be related to AMD's display drivers as the AMD app does not crash and I do not get a pop up asking me to report the issue to AMD. My system specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Viii Z690 (on latest BIOS)

CPU: Intel I9 13900k

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 6000mhz DDR5 (2x32GB)

Video Card: MBA Radeon 7900 XTX

Games that have crashed out of the blue have been COD MW3, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Division 2, Red Dead Redemption 2.
I have tried the recommended solution and it did work for me in the sort term. The solution I am referring to is to set my CPU multiplyer to 53 or 54 and applying a .25 mv undervolt. In addition I set the BIOS to "Enforce all intel limits", I had it on the default setting before so multicore enchancement was on before.

By far COD MW3 was the most affected by this issue because the game crashes within 1 match everytime, the others would let me play for about 5-10 minutes then the game would either just close, or it would give an error. I only have the error info for COD and it is as follows:

Error Code: 0XC0000005 (0) N

Signature: 7D3C5D3B-DC377E20-01D3EDEE-582E5EE3

Excecutable: game_ship.exe

0 Kudos
John_38
Beginner

14900k: Since i limited the cores to 5,7Ghz avoiding the 6Ghz peaks its running good.
My CPU even failed XTU Stresstests, sometimes sooner sometimes later.

I had the crashes mostly when loading maps / compiling shaders. 

0 Kudos
Ampersanders
Beginner

Having the same "out of memory" issue with Fortnite but this only happened recently, maybe the last 2 weeks? I ran Fortnite no problem on a 4070ti with an i7-14700k and running 32gb of 6000mhz RAM. This issue sometimes isn't there but mostly occurs around 60% of the time. Had to use the Extreme Tuning Kit to go from 56x to 55x as a temporary solution that I think is working but can't tell fully. Running the newest 552.12 driver as well and still no fix. Average temps while running a AIO is around 70c with pretty highish quality settings (only lowered on things I feel I don't really need to be that high).

Only thing in BIOS really is running the ram at XMP levels to geth their 6000mhz settings.

This computer was a new build as well so no clue why it is happening either, is the only game I'm running into issues with, specially while using DirectX12. I don't want to downgrade to DirectX11 cause my game stutters like crazy overall.

0 Kudos
Muss
Novice
I would recommend everyone, especially Intel, have a look at this reddit thread....

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/1axepvu/optimizing_stability_for_intel_13900k_and_14900k/
M12MUB
Beginner

I've downloaded the Intel datasheet, but struggling to identify which sections apply to the 13700K.  Any pointers?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, folks, we have essentially three separate threads entangled here. The Intel Customer Support agents are going to have a hard time supporting any of you with your problems. My strong 'suggestions':

• @rjtylernothappy, your issues are related to the Intel Arc & Iris Xe drivers and their compatibility issues with older games (which obviously are not completely resolved). Please open a new conversation where this can be discussed separately (sorry, I cannot do this for you).
  • For those with 13th gen processors, the fact that Intel abruptly Discontinued them should tell you something about the state of these processors (read: they've screwed up big time yet again and are trying to mitigate their liability). My personal opinion: get on the phone with Intel and demand that they either replace these processors with 14th gen processors or they refund your money. 

In general, continuing to discuss issues here is a total waste of time IMHO. Each and every one of your should have your own separate conversation going with Intel. Only one person - the OP for a conversation - is going to have their issue tracked to completion. Everyone else is just fodder and not helping the situation. Take 'I have the same problem' out of your vocabulary. Whether you actually do or not simply doesn't matter, you should have your own conversation in progress and being tracked by Intel Customer Support. This raises the issues visibility.

That's my take,

...S

rjtylernothappy
Beginner

So @n_scptt_pearson, quick question. 

I have a 3090TI in my system. The monitors are plugged into that dedicated GPU. If I am playing Minecraft or SWTOR, and are using that  card, why does Intel Arc or Iris XE Driver interfere with the GPU? 

Also, why does downclocking the CPU seem to fix the issue?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I have no idea. Usually, unless it's a laptop, the iGFX engine is disabled and thus the ARC drivers are not in the way.
Downclocking changes timing and thus can change interaction.
...S
0 Kudos
alejandrosg19
Beginner

14900kf and 4070ti, sometimes my screen get black and i have to restart. AIO 280 iddle28-30 degree, stress test 95 degree or more

0 Kudos
dorioku
Beginner

My PC is a 13900K + 4090, manually fine-tuned and overclocked to 3 cores 6.1, 4 cores 5.8, 6 cores 5.7, and 8 cores 5.6. It crashes in most Unity and Unreal games, and intermittently in BF2042 and Avatar (Ubisoft). When I lowered the maximum frequency to 5.3GHz using XTU, everything worked fine.

0 Kudos
ismachari20
Beginner

Intel® Core™ i7-13700KF de 13ª generación

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

ST2000DM008-2UB102

Samsung SSD 980 de 1 TB

ST1000DM003-1ER162

Samsung SSD 980 PRO con disipador de calor de 2 TB.

Con todo esto y jugando a fortnite y juegos de epic me crashea continuamente.

0 Kudos
mdawe
Beginner

So same issues as almost everyone else here. Following the Reddit guide for power limiting helped a ton. The one thing I am getting and no one else has mentioned is the "Aw Snap error" in Chrome or other browsers. Super annoying. Curious if anyone else has had this.

ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

0 Kudos
mahanddeem
Beginner
13700K with 3080ti
And,
14900k and 4090

Various crashes, overheating and video memory crash error messages when launching Remnant II especially for 1st shader setup. Also hiccups and hangs when compilation of shaders take place in Call of Duty MW III after updating Nvidia video drivers.
0 Kudos
Norman_Trashboat
Beginner

These CPU's are crashing due to two things as far as I can tell possibly:

vdroop, or electromigration.

As these issues seem to be coming through on the highest end SKU's that are pushed the hardest, my though is Intel pushed the limits too far and are slowly damaging their chips though Electromigration during shader compilation processes.

Every time you load your game, you're killing your CPU slightly I believe.

0 Kudos
Lee_Leigh
Beginner
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z790 E-Gaming Wifi
  • 14900KF / Stock Intel Setting ICCMAX 307A PL1 125 PL2 253
  • Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO
  • 64GB DDR5 T-CREATE @5600MHZ XMP Disabled
  • RTX 4090 running at stock power draw with no overclock

Launching Sea of Thieves results in There is a missing or corrupt data file that is required for the game to run.” Resulting in constant unplayable game crashes. Following their troubleshooting guide didn't fix the issues as all files validated with no issues.

Launching Hell Divers 2 results in crashes during the tutorial rendering the game completely unplayable.

Inexplicable crashes during Dragons Dogma 2, Cyberpunk2077 & Hogwarts Legacy

0 Kudos
ChromeJunkie
Novice

@Thomas_Hannaford 

Hey, Thomas.

I've tried some of the solutions posted here and I achieve a somewhat stable desktop but no stability for productivity or gaming.  I'm tired of this situation, been at it for months now. I don't have the time to keep looking into it and tweaking this and that.

Please, do your job, thanks.