Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14568 Discussions

Regarding Reports of 13th/14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Users Experiencing Stability Issues

Thomas_Hannaford
Employee

Intel is aware of reports regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors experiencing issues with certain workloads. We’re engaged with our partners and are conducting analysis of the reported issues.

If you are experiencing these issues, please reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance in the interim.

116 Replies
Gargantua
Beginner
Out of VRMA
When i playing Fortnite
13600KF + 4070
0 Kudos
PapaGrande
Novice
Hello
Having the same problem with fortnite. 14th gen I9 KF processor, GeForce 4080super
0 Kudos
jramon33
Beginner

Yo en muchos juegos de los nuevos usando DirectX 12 me da problemas de memoria y no puedo entrar en los juegos.

La única solución que tengo es entrar en el programa intel extreme Turning Utility y bajar los Active Cores de x58 a x54 y así, si puedo entrar en los juegos, no sé si esto puede afectar a la CPU.

0 Kudos
jramon33
Beginner

tengo NVIDIA 4090 y CPU 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz

0 Kudos
RatanServegar
Novice
Hi,

Any update from intel regarding this matter? I see lot of people having issues. I just sent my 13900k and requested for refund. Once I receive the refund I will have to buy a new 14900k. Please let me know if I should or if I should sell the motherboard and change platforms
0 Kudos
PapaGrande
Novice

I was thinking of the same thing.  AMD is not having this issue with their flagship chip.

vmovups
New Contributor I

I got an exchange for not-Intel and the crashes seem to have stopped for good.

If you get a 14900K there are chances you'll still get crashes.

If you bought the motherboard with the CPU at the same shop not long ago, there is a chance you could negotiate exchanging the motherboard free of charge to you.

RatanServegar
Novice
Unfortunately I can’t exchange my motherboard since it’s Beeb over a year since the purchase. I will have to sell it outside and take a hit thanks to intel.
0 Kudos
carlks
Novice

interested to know how much they offered for refund. I submitted a ticket for a refund since this is my 3rd 13900K from RMA and still crashing.

RatanServegar
Novice
They agreed to refund the whole amount displayed in the purchase receipt. But I still haven’t received it. It’s been 3 days and intel tells me they haven’t gotten my banking details which I submitted via a link they provided. I’m just in shock that I have to deal with these things from a company like intel.
ChromeJunkie
Novice

Maybe it's not a CPU problem in your case but a Motherboard or PSU issue?

0 Kudos
CarlosZgierski
Beginner

I5 13600K + Sapphire RX7600 

Crashes in Dragons Dogma 2, Alan Wake 2, Granblue Fantasy Relink and performance issues. 

0 Kudos
pressed_for_time

I am a forum member, no connection with Intel other than using Intel hardware.

It might be useful to follow the troubleshooting procedure for one of the games where you are experiencing crashes. It may help to resolve the problems with the other games.

For example for Dragons Dogma 2 there is this link

Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Troubleshooting & Issue Reporting Thread 

0 Kudos
CarlosZgierski
Beginner

Thank you! I already tried everything =/ even underclocked my cpu, my ram, literally everything. The only way for the game to not crash every 10 minutes is playing with everything on max/high to use the most of my VGA and getting 40fps only. The game doens't crash anymore but crashes in the menu lmao the game is bad and the 13th/14th gen is even worse. 

0 Kudos
vmovups
New Contributor I

The crashes are probably not the game's fault, if you still get crashes with everything you tried then i think the only thing that remains to try is RMA.

Try to negotiate with the distributor you bought it at by insisting it's the CPU and that many other people have the same issues on 13th and 14th generation Intel.

0 Kudos
Johnny777
Beginner

I changed to Mode 7 and turned off XMP. It is holding stable for now. If I see another crash, I will cap the frequency multiplier to 55.

0 Kudos
Bg32940
Beginner

System:
- i9-14900KF
- Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX
- 32GB Corsair Vengence @6400MHz (XMP enabled)
- Gigabyte 4070 Super OC
- 2x 1TB Crutial T500 m.2

- 2x 8TB Seagate HDDs

- ID-Cooling 360mm AIO liquid cooler w/ push/pull fans

- Lian Li O11 Vision case

- Razer ARGB Controller

- Windows 11 Pro

I started getting BSODs every few minutes today after installing another 32GB of the Corsair Vengence. BSODs referenced “Invalid page in non-paged area” or something close to that. This seems like a memory controller issue on the CPU. I manually set PL1 & PL2 to 253 watts. Still had BSODs and removed the second 32GB, windows forced a restore, and my system is stable again.

Anyone running 4 sticks of RAM can try removing 2 and see if they regain stability.

I hope this helps.

Bg

0 Kudos
abd2
Beginner

System:
- i5 13600kf undervolt
- MSI MPG Z690 EDGE
- 64GB G skill @3600 XMP ddr4
- EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
- Fanxiang S500PRO 1TBx2 ssd m.2
- INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8H ssd m.2
- DeepCool AK400 CPU AirCooler

- Windows 10 pro
the the witcher 3 constandtly crashing loading and while playin,max Temperature for 60c CPU Package Power 70w
Battlefield 1 inconsistent fps

for undervolt it doesnt make different i try it with normal voltDesktop Screenshot 2024.04.19 - 22.32.55.95.png

0 Kudos
wave5001
Beginner

Hello, are you using the contact frame or ILM from intel?

0 Kudos
abd2
Beginner

normal ILM for intel stock

from googlefrom google

the photo from google 

0 Kudos