Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14566 Discussions

Regarding Reports of 13th/14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Users Experiencing Stability Issues

Thomas_Hannaford
Employee

Intel is aware of reports regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors experiencing issues with certain workloads. We’re engaged with our partners and are conducting analysis of the reported issues.

If you are experiencing these issues, please reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance in the interim.

116 Replies
BLADEJLM
Beginner

i7 13700K + RTX 4090

last nvidia driver crash with diablo iv... never before happened

ThanaTheBoss
Beginner

Hi! My system specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900KF

Cooler Corsair H170i Liquid cooler (cpu never hits 80c+)
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 6800mhz 4x16GB)
RTX4090 (driver 552.12)

MB: Asrock Z790 Steel Legend Wifi (BIOS 13.06)

All settings on default

Getting Random crashes on Helldivers2, Dota2, CS2, TheFinals, Fortnite DX12, Call Of Duty Warzone. Sometimes the game just close, others the pc restart. Back to desktop pc after a long time on laptops and have to say I am very frustrated that the system does not work ok. My laptop got a 13700h, 32gbRAM and a 4070, 0 crashes

pressed_for_time

The latest BIOS updates including MSI 1306 are optimized to allow the IA CEP setting to be set to Disabled. By default it shows as Auto (see graphic below). Have you tried setting IA CEP to Disabled and does it make any difference?

msibios.png

0 Kudos
Thrasherop
Novice

Thanks for the idea @pressed_for_time

Unfortunately, disabling IA CEP did NOT work for me. 

RatanServegar
Novice
Hi,
On asus strix motherboard is this setting called the same or something else? I can’t seem to find it. Any help would be much appreciated
0 Kudos
Thrasherop
Novice

A lot of BIOS interfaces have a search functionality. Try that. 

Otherwise, I found mine inside of advanced CPU settings

0 Kudos
ThanaTheBoss
Beginner

Whell, finally i get my PC stable, with only a few settings in BIOS:

OC Tweaker\CPU Configuration:

Long Duration Power Limit: 265 (my water cooling is big)

Short Duration Power Limit: 265

OC Tweaker\Voltage Configuration

Voltage Mode: OC Mode

CPU CORE/Cache Load-line Calibration: Level 3

everything else on default.

Hope this helps to someone with similar setup.

Undervolting never helped me.

Finally 0 crashes, cinebench 2024 score:2210 (runing for 2 hours) cpu hitting 92cmax water 39c ambient temp 25c

0 Kudos
Geri89
Beginner
Hi. There was a Win update 2 months ago, and even when I'm playing games and connected to the Internet, the computer thinks the same thing, and the screen is black, while the fan is spinning, Windows is running underneath. I tried reinstalling the vga driver, but it only takes a couple of days to solve the problem. the error remained even after upgrading to win10. sometimes it goes for a week without any problems. the configuration: i7 14700kf, gigabyte z790ud, g.skill ddr5 6800mhz, msi4080 super gaming x trio
0 Kudos
Geri89
Beginner

I still have a problem! The bios was updated, the nvidia driver was updated, but still random no signal and one of my fans revs up to max. After that, I reinstall the driver and it's fine for days. I don't necessarily have to play, it's enough to just surf the net.

0 Kudos
Thrasherop
Novice

Throwing in details of my crashes.

14900k + 4090

My system is crashing with 3DMark's Time Spy Extreme benchmark. Limiting to 5.5Ghz fixes this issue. My system didn't use to do this. I've had this computer for about 5 months now, and time Spy Extreme has started crashing only about 2 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
MarkCao
Beginner

13700KF+B660 MORTAR

Please provide new microcode to disable IA CEP function

high voltage cause instability and damage the processor

0 Kudos
M12MUB
Beginner
So, what do we need to do to resolve the issue?
0 Kudos
ChromeJunkie
Novice

It's not on the user's end to solve it. Adjusting and stabilizing your CPU in the BIOS is fine but the root cause of this widespread issue, across different boards, chips (even AMD's), and GPUs is a somewhat recent Windows configuration playing funky with the Nvidia drivers.

0 Kudos
Jim-K
Beginner

Also getting 'out of memory' (VRAM) error on my system (Newly built 3 weeks ago).  Crashes out of Fortnite or Hogwarts when using DX12 but DX11 works just fine with default settings in BIOS.  MSI motherboard BIOS has a 'CPU Cooler Tuning' option with 3 settings (Boxed/Tower/Water cooling ).  Only the Water cooling option bumps the the voltage close to or slightly beyond 14900K recommended settings suggesting that at Least MSI could be a little too aggressive on OC settings.  Using the Tower or Boxed cooler setting has been stable thus far even when utilizing DX12. Hoping this is another little piece of the puzzle to figure out the instability issue.

PC Spec:

CPU 14900K, Motherboard MSI Z790 Godlike, Ram (4x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 7200Mhz, Corsair 150i Elite LCD AIO (moving to custom water loop shortly), Nvidia FE 4080 Super

0 Kudos
alapo0615
Beginner

Core i9 14900KF + 4080 Super. 

Got issues with last games  - out of VRAM. And most of all - CS2. Just crashed with no reason or no any kind of mistakes.

0 Kudos
ChromeJunkie
Novice

Hi!

After some recent Windows and Nvidia updates, my system started having the infamous "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD crash everywhere, no matter the activity or Nvidia driver version, although older drivers are more stable.

Disabling Windows HDR stabilizes the system, for basic tasks (idling, watching videos, Netflix), not quite for gaming, I'm testing how to get that going as well, will update if I manage to do it.

Tested my CPU, all tests indicate a strong and healthy processor. In my case, the problem is a "software" discrepancy between Windows and the Nvidia drivers. This issue seems more common as of recent, and it's affecting many people running even with AMD chips and different boards, so the issue really points towards Windows and Nvidia.

Not all 13th and 14th Gens are toasted, obviously. 

-Windows 11 Pro 23H2

-ROG Maximus Z690 Hero

-Intel i9 13900K

-RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO

-G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6000MT/s (with XMP)

-Asus ROG THOR 1200W Platinum II

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey. I saw your comment here so i made an account so i could reply lol.

I came across this reddit post a few months ago with a work around to your issue.

I know this post is old, but it seems to still work. Hopefully it can be of use. Good luck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xzzn4/tdrdelay_10_fixed_my_crashes_since_last_patch/

0 Kudos
Davko
Beginner
About a month ago, I bought an i7-14700k processor from the Amazon.co.uk store. I'm having an issue with a 'lack of VRAM memory' message when launching some games. What should I do?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Davko,

This is a common problem with older games. They simply do not understand that the amount of dedicated VRAM reported by the intel Graphics drivers doesn't have anything to do with the available VRAM. The Intel graphics drivers allocate and deallocate VRAM from the system's pool of available DRAM as needs dictate. When necessary, up to 50% is the system's available DRAM can be allocated as VRAM.

So, what to do?

• If the game complains when first started,
    • If will allow you to continue, you should do so; the game should work just fine.
    • If it will NOT allow you to continue, then this is a bug in the game and you should contact the game's developer for a fix.
  • If the game plays for some time and then generates this message, how you should respond depends upon how much memory you have installed in your system.
    • If you have only a minimal amount of DRAM memory installed - say, 8GB or less - then your only recourse is to add more memory to your system.
    • If you have plenty of DRAM memory installed - say, 16GB or more - then you should check to see whether you are (otherwise) meeting the minimum requirement of the game. If you have twice the game's minimum requirement (since only 50% of available DRAM may be used at any one time by Intel Graphics), then there is something wrong with the game itself and you should contact the developers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
rjtylernothappy
Beginner

@ n_scott_pearson

I have a problem with older games as well - Specifically MineCraft and Star Wars Old Republic. Both of these games crash. Minecraft  when I log into the world, and SWTOR when I log in from the launcher.

Specs are as follows

• 3090TI FTW 3
  • 128 GB DDR5 - Running at 4000MT/S (and only because I was testing the RAM in case it was the cause of my system issues)
  • Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X V1.0 using latest Bios.

With these specs the games should run easily and max out the frame rates of the game engines.

After months of issues including replacing the processor last year I have finally nailed down the issues. It is the CPU. I have no overclock and my custom loop keeps both the CPU and GPU under 80 degrees C

However when running stock, no OC and letting it boost to 5700mhz, both crash. When I down clock the processor, both work. This is NOT what I have paid for!!

0 Kudos