Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

TUF Z690-PLUS D4 + i5 12400F NO VIDEO

Emba1xador
Beginner

I bought an i5 12400f processor and a tuf gaming z690-plus d4 motherboard, and when I tried to turn on the pc, it didn't display a video, I contacted the store/manufacturer and exchanged both components for new ones, and still no giving video, I saw in some forum a person with a similar problem that had been solved by buying another processor (Celeron G6900) with this one I got the video, I updated the bios and when I switched to 12400f it still does not show video. I don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me?

COMPLETE SETUP:
Processor: i5 12400F
Motherboard: TUF Gaming z690-plis d4
Source: Sharkoon 750w 80 plus gold
Video card: RTX 3080TI Galax
Memory: 2x Sticks 8gb 3200MHz

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Emba1xador,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i5-12400F Processor.  

Bear in mind that the "F" does not include integrated graphics built into the processor and will depend on the dedicated graphics card to display video.

However, in order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Do you get any LED coed from the motherboard when there is no video?

2. Is the video cable (HDMI, DP, DVI) connected to the motherboard or to the graphics card?

3. Is the GPU properly installed in your motherboard?

4. Have you checked this issue with the motherboard and GPU manufacturers?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Emba1xador
Beginner

1- Placa mãe Asus Z690 plus d4 não apresenta o vídeo, o led meio verde escrito BIOS fica ligado, quer dizer que o Pc está na tela da BIOS, porém não tá mostrando
2- Está conectado na placa de vídeo, já testei 3 placas de vídeo diferente nenhuma apresenta imagem e nos outros Pc elas estão funcionando
3- GPU instalada no slot 16x no principal da placa
4- Ambos já foram trocados uma vez, porém o problema persiste, aliás a placa mãe já é a terceira.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I also want to understand the last comment that you made in the other thread. You seem to be stating that, when you used the G6900 processor, graphics worked from a motherboard connector but did not work from a graphics card connector. Is that correct? Or did you only test this processor with the graphics card removed?

If you are saying that, with the G6900 installed, you could not get any output with the monitor connected to the graphics card, then this is consistent with the Core i5-12400f case and not necessarily an issue with processors at all. It could be a case of the graphics card simply not working properly at all.

The answers to Deivid's questions are important either way.

...S

0 Kudos
Emba1xador
Beginner

Sim, acabei comprando o g6900 para testar, ele apresenta imagem e o Pc funciona perfeitamente quando o cabo de vídeo está ligado na placa mãe, quando coloco placa de vídeo, ele não funciona mais, para fazer ele apresentar vídeo entro na BIOS antes de colocar a placa de vídeo, mudo a opção de vídeo para PCI aí sim ele apresenta vídeo com a placa de vídeo, mas ele não mostra as telas de iniciação fica na tela preta, o teclado apaga e ele fica desse jeito por uns 2m e depois aparece a imagem do windows.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Emba1xador, 

Thanks for the response. Before we continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. You mentioned that the GPUs worked on a different system, have you tested the Intel® Core™ i5-12400F Processor on any of those systems?

2. Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version (2204)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Emba1xador
Beginner
1- Não, pois não tenho outra placa mãe socket lga 1700.
2- Sim, atualizei para última versão.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You say you changed the option to PCI. What was it set to before? Typically, you leave it set to Auto all the time. That way it works properly regardless of whether internal or add-in graphics.

...S

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Emba1xador, 

Thank you for the information provided. I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Bear in mind that our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate the screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Emba1xador, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the troubleshooting performed, I recommend you get in contact with us directly to check the RMA options available for you.

Feel free to use the link based on your location:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos