Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14644 Discussions

Tiger Lake - Windows Boot Failure

PDeme
New Contributor I

Trying to boot Windows on a new Tiger Lake platform. Boot stops with an exception. Looking for some guidance on debug of said exception.

It is related to the Type-C Sub-System (TCSS) IOM block. Below is the Crash Log output for this exception. No a lot of information but it is new to me.

CrashLogAnalysis.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel processor.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the brand and model name of the laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop)?

4. Is this a completely new setup or did you just upgrade the processor?

5. Just to confirm, since you are having boot issues does that mean that you are not able to access the operating system and instead you are getting this error?

6. Did you report this issue to the computer manufacturer?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PDeme
New Contributor I

Sorry for the confusion. This is a brand new Tiger Lake-UP3 processor board that we are developing. We are initial bring-up of the board and cannot get into any OS due to this failure.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme, 

Based on your post and the error received, this does not seem like a CPU issue. This could be related to the motherboard.

If you have any errors or tests that show that the issue is related to the processor, please let me know. Otherwise, I recommend you check with the manufacturer of the motherboard/chipset that you are using.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello PDeme,

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Regards,
Deivid A.

0 Kudos