Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14653 Discussions

Warm cpu

JoLi
Beginner

Hello!

I think I have a problem with my computer. Last month I bought my new computer and it was a huge upgrade compared to the computer I had before. In general it works just fine I can play whatever game I want, but my cpu temperature is too high. Sometimes my cpu i over 90 c, and sometimes it is at 100 c. I feel like that is not a good sign. I have a 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700F  2.10 GHz. And I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070. I would very much appreciate if I could get some advice on what the problem might be.

Yours sincerely

JoLi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoLi

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      What cooling solution are you currently using for your CPU, and is it adequate for your system's needs?

2.      What steps have you taken to address CPU overheating issues, if any?

3.      Are you experiencing this while performing some specific tasks like gaming o running a specific software? 1.       

4.      What software are you currently utilizing to monitor and measure your CPU temperatures?

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

IPDT: Download and run the **Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (IPDT)**. Please provide the actual screenshot of the result (whole page) and the log notes. (Click File > View results file (it will open a notepad) > file then save as (by default file name is TESTRESULTS.TXT)).

We need this file to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.

XTU: Download and run the CPU Stress Test (5 minutes) using **Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)**. Kindly provide the screenshot while the test is ongoing (about 3 minutes) and after the test is finished. Please make sure the whole page is seen including the graphs.

We need this file to monitor the performance and the power usage of the CPU.

Also, feel free to check the troubleshooting steps provided in the article:

Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoLi
Beginner

Hello IsaacQ_Intel!

Thank you for your response.

1. I am not exactly sure how I check the cooling solution to my cpu.

2. I have tried to go to power options and put my PCI Express to moderate power savings and I also tried to change the (Minimum processor state) and (Maximum processor state) to a lower percentage. It did not really work.

3. I am experiencing this when I play games. Currently I am playing Texas Chain Saw Massacre and I have recently bought the New Dead Space remake. I feel like my computer should be able to handle those games on the highest graphics without any problem. 

4. To check my temperatures I use the PredatorSense program I got when I bought the computer. 

Best regards,

JoLi!

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @JoLi,

Thank you for your prompt response.

We genuinely appreciate the comprehensive information you've shared; it will greatly assist us in resolving your issue. To ensure a thorough assessment, we kindly request that you provide us with the SSU, IPDT, and XTU reports. These reports are instrumental in evaluating your CPU's performance, eliminating compatibility concerns, and verifying its optimal operation. Furthermore, we kindly ask for screenshots from your PredatorSense to assess temperature readings.

Additionally, we would like to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the previously provided article on "Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors." If you did, we'd appreciate knowing whether you followed any troubleshooting steps outlined there to address overheating problems.

Furthermore, we'd like to gather information about your cooling system. Could you please specify whether you have a water-cooling or air-cooling system in place (provide us with the make and model)? Regarding the cooling solutions, we are interested in knowing if you are using metal liquid, Silicon-Based Thermal Paste, Metal Oxide Thermal Paste, Ceramic-Based Thermal Paste, Carbon-Based Thermal Paste, or any other type.

Your cooperation in providing this additional information will enable us to better assist you.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
JoLi
Beginner

Hello IssacQ_Intel!

I have a SSU report but I do not know how I get a IPDT and XTU report.

Skärmbild 2023-09-19 201156.png

Best regards,

JoLi

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @JoLi,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we must apologize for requesting the XTU, because your processor is not supported by the software.

But we still require the IPDT, try following this instructions page 15.

Since you have a laptop make sure to have everything up to date, all drivers, BIOS, and Windows updates.

And also, check the information in this article - My Laptop Seems to Be Overheating, this may help you, but we suggest to contact with the laptop manufacturer first to get support from them, because they will provide you with more accurate information about the performance of the laptop. Based on our information the Intel® Core™ i7-13700F Processor TJUNCTION is 100°C. but should be better to get support from them.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
JoLi
Beginner

Hello again IssacQ_Intel!

I have a IPDT report now. It looked  fine to me but you can see for yourself.

By the way, maybe I should have mentioned it earlier, but I do not have a laptop. I have a stationary computer.

Best regards,

JoLi.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoLi,

Thank you for the IPDT report. Based on that report your CPU has passed all the stress tests, which means that the performance of the processor is expected. Basically, is working properly.

We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your PC, we thought it was a laptop based on the SSU report since we didn’t identify the motherboard model. Checking the SSU further we noticed that your PC is the PC is Predator PO5-650. Is that correct?

If yes, we recommend checking with the original equipment manufacturer to get the proper support from them. This to assure the troubleshooting we provide you doesn’t void the warranty of your product with ACER. Please check first with them, the possible solution for your product, otherwise let us know.

We must first make sure if you already followed the article:: Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors.

And if you want to continue with the support, we'd like to gather information about your cooling system. Could you please specify whether you have a water-cooling or air-cooling system in place (provide us with the make and model)? Regarding the cooling solutions, we are interested in knowing if you are using metal liquid, Silicon-Based Thermal Paste, Metal Oxide Thermal Paste, Ceramic-Based Thermal Paste, Carbon-Based Thermal Paste, or any other type.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
JoLi
Beginner
Dear IsaacQ!
About the computer you sent, the design looks the same, except that I have 32G ram standard and I have a 4070, not a 3070.
Best regards!
JoLi
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @JoLi,

As your computer is an Acer all-in-one, we strongly recommend reaching out to the original equipment manufacturer, Acer, for assistance. This will ensure that any troubleshooting steps we provide do not jeopardize your product's warranty. Please begin by contacting Acer to explore potential solutions for your issue. If that doesn't yield results, don't hesitate to inform us.

If you prefer to continue receiving our support, kindly refer to the previously provided article, follow the instructions therein, and report back with the results. Additionally, please respond to the questions pertaining to your cooling system and thermal paste.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
JoLi
Beginner
Hello Isaac Q!
Okay thank you so much for your help! I really apreciate it.

Best regards,
JoLi
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @JoLi,

I appreciate your time and patience.

As the issue at hand pertains to the original equipment manufacturer, we have decided to conclude this thread. We encourage you to reach out to ACER for further assistance, and we sincerely hope they can effectively address your concern.

Should you require any additional information or have any other queries in the future, please don't hesitate to create a new question. Our team will be more than happy to assist you, this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos