Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14560 Discussions

core i7 14700 temp

Rodimus
Beginner

Hey . i just bought core i7 14700k last week. this picture shows cpu temp during playing Overwatch 2+ recording. is it normal to touch 90-95 celsius ?And most of the times it ranges between 70-75 celsius. i am also using cooler master 360 lluision for cooling cpu and 4070ti as gpu. thanks for responds.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. The temperature of the CPU usually differs depending on its load. The temperature you mention is still within the 100 degree Celsius maximum temperature of this unit however, may I please know where you are seeing this values? Does your system suddenly reboots? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hello RamyerM
I am using CPU temperature monitoring software(CPUTemp) to check CPU temperatures, and I have never experienced system rebooting so far. Do you suggest undervolting the CPU for lower temperatures? I have encountered some people who recommend undervolting the CPU for lower temps. Does Intel have any official guides for this purpose?
Thanks in advance for helping me

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Rodimus,

Thank you for the quick reply.

For us to further check this issue, please help provide the following details.

1. Can you provide a screenshot of the temp reading while the system is idle and while you are playing?
  2. Also, please provide the temp reading inside the BIOS.
  3. What is the brand and model of your cooling system?
  4. Are you getting this temp readings since day one?

Let me also add that overclocking and underclocking is not recommended. Please set everything on default while gathering the details above.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hello michael 

These are the screenshots I took during idle mode and when playing games. The last one is from the BIOS.

I am using this device for clooing the cpu
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360-illusion/

I didn't monitor temperatures from day one, but my brother had a bad experience with CPU temperatures before. So about 3 or 4 days after I got the new PC, he asked me to check CPU temps and I did it right away.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Rodimus,

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

Base on the 3 screenshots that you provided, the temp is a little high while playing games but normal in idle and inside the BIOS.

However, I noticed that the CPU voltage inside the BIOS is at 1.421 volts. Did you overclock the processor?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hello Michael 
No, I didn't adjust the CPU voltage. Can you please tell me where I can find the voltage settings in the BIOS so I can take a screenshot for you? I was considering undervolting, but since you didn't recommend it, I decided to abandon that idea.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

I have the temp problem still 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for responding back to us. The location of the voltage settings in the BIOS is dependent on your motherboard manufacturer. To be more familiar with your system, kindly please share with us your SSU logs. You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. As for the undervolting steps that you mention, will you share with us the link where in you saw this recommendation ?

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hey Ramyer M
This is the log from my system. I don't have any specific or verified source for undervolting; I just watched some YouTube videos. And I haven't taken any action yet.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

This guy is talking about the same problem I'm dealing with . you can check this video also .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s43Auv8ub7w

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for sharing the logs and the video. For now, let us try first focusing on your system optimization. I noticed that your BIOS can be updated. Kindly try updating your BIOS to version 1641 at this link: https://www.asus.com/my/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-z790-plus-wifi/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=TUF-GAMING-Z790-PLUS-WIFI. However, since there is a large gap between the current version and the latest one available, kindly update two versions at a time. (Example: 1402 to 1603, 1603 to 1611, 1611 to 1641) and check if there will be changes with the temperature. Please let us know the result. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hey. i just updated the BIOS . here the new log.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for following our recommendation. I just want to ask, after the update, are there any improvements in the behavior of your system? Feel free to share with us the details or any issues you encountered as well. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus,

I am just looking for an update on your system behavior after the BIOS update. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hey RamyerM
Sadly, nothing changed after updating the BIOS. But I did undervolt the CPU. You can see it in the picture I uploaded. Now it reaches up to 90 degrees Celsius very hardly.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for letting us know about this result. I know you have already removed the issue with the temperature by undervolting; however, is it alright if we continue investigating this for you? The reason I ask is because we do not recommend undervolting for overheating issues. You may also check out this article for more information: Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors. Although it is true that less power into the CPU means less heat, we want to make sure that there are no underlying issues with our system. If it is ok with you, kindly try to run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and send us a screenshot of the result. Additionally, you may also conduct a stress test of your system using our Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for further diagnosis. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Rodimus
Beginner

Hello again . 

the results from  diagnostic tool.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

Thank you for sharing this information. For now, I will coordinate this logs with our team and get back to this thread as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Rodimus, 

I have sent you an email about this concern. Please check your email for more details. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos