Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

i5-12600K IGP Video playback problems

Stefan_Fo
Beginner

I have installed all the drivers, the latest.

But it seems if I play a video, any codec, and the player loop the video, starting the same video from the beginning, the video goes black, and if I'm lucky, the audio is still playing.

The video-playback seems bad with this CPU.

I can play the game "Just Cause 2 ", but if a video is looping, the player (MPC.-HC) behaves like a old vinyl with a scratch, loop the first seconds of the video.

If I use MPC Video Render, it works, but then other problems arise.

Have anyone had similar experience?

When I used my i5-4690K IGP, I had none of these problems (upgraded to newer, but since there is problem with simple video, I miss the old one).

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Stefan_Fo
Beginner

Forgot to add:

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, updated.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Stefan_Fo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues reproducing videos. I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• Were you able to play videos with no issues before? If so, do you remember if there was any hardware change or driver/OS update that may have triggered the issue?
  • Does the issue occur with online videos (e.g. YouTube, Netflix, etc.)?

As well, download and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?) to check if the test reports any issue on the processor.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Fo
Beginner

Thanks Steven_Intel.

This is a new installation, new motherboard/CPU/memory of Windows 10 Pro.

The CPU I had before was i5-4690K. So, it was "old", at least does Microsoft think it is (Windows 11).

Both have 32GB RAM. Both used the CPU-graphics.

The re-installation was needed because a BSOD, don't know why. Before that, Windows 10 had problem with remember default-apps.

And I have tried Youtube but coudn't find a way to loop the video.

Tested reddit.com, and found a video that could be looped, and it worked.

And, I downloaded the diagnostic tool, everything got "pass", no "fail", so the CPU seems ok.

But I think it is how the the video is rendered to the display. If I use EVR, the problem comes when I play the same video in loop.

It doesn't need to be a short video, it can be long, the video goes either black or have a still picture from the movie. And if the move continue to play the sound is there but not any picture/video. Or it can behave like a vinyl-disk, and loop the first second (withoud audio or video).

But if there is at least 2 videos, different, it will play them (for the most of times, but I have seen still-picture sometimes when going back in the video, dragging the time-line marker back.

It's like it's cache data, and when it should play it again, it use the cache, but the cache it's not there anymnore, so the video goes blank.

But what do I know about how the IGP video-renderer/play-bay work. 

Thanks.

Stefan F.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

We would like to investigate further about this. In order to do so, please perform the following steps:

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

• Verify you do not have any pending Windows 10 updates.
  • Check the video player(s) are updated as well.
  • If possible, please take screen recording showing the issue(s) with the video loop.

Once everything is updated, please download the Intel® SSU (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-)

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Fo
Beginner

Did the install.

I can't attach the screen-recording, 104MB.

The attached file is Intel® SSU result.

I have copied the screen-record file to my web-site (my domain).

https://sf-web.be/privat/mpc-hc64_JCNGrxvYlX.rar

It's WinRAR-compressed, no password, max-compression (I thought it should be smaller, but it went from 104MB to 102MB only)

The file will be deleted after about a week.

It don't include sound, the screen-recorder didn't save sound.

But the sound repeated, but without picture.

The player is MPC-HC x64, using EVR.

I have succeded to get the IGP to not show black picture when I raise or lower brightness or contrast.

There seems to be problem with setting up video color/contrast and so on, it's picky, it's easy to set the wrong combination, so that the picture dissapear when changing brightness/contrast in MPC-HC with EVR.

Thanks.

Stefan F.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I am going to work on this issue and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Stefan_Fo,

Many thanks for your patience on this matter.

In order for us to keep working on this, could you please provide a step-by-step guide or instructions on how to reproduce the issue (including enabled features in or outside the application)?

Please also include the link to download the MPC-HC player and its version.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Fo
Beginner

Hello.

I don't remember the setting I used when I got problems with brightnes changing in the MPC-HC.

But I resetted the settings to "standard", the color and video profiles.

The problem with looping video is there.

MPC-HC
https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases

LAV Filters Nightly builds
https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/

The LAV Filters is what the developer used for decoding video in MPC-HC, there is a setting to use external codec in MPC-HC.

I use MPC-HC v1.19.16.62, because of the playlist, after that version it could not add the rest of the media under the starting file.

But I have tested a portable version of MPH-HC v2.0.0, the loop-problem is there with sound and no picture.

I can tell you that DXVA-settings, don't matter.

Thanks.

Stefan F.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will keep working on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Stefan_Fo,

I appreciate your patience on this matter.

After testing the program in our lab, using a system with identical specifications and using the same Intel drivers, we were unable to replicate the issue. At this point, our best recommendation is to contact the OEM in order to rule out any other issues causing this.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos